january interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lin709

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I had an interview scheduled in october for columbia, but I had to move it to another date because of a conflict in my schedule. The interview is rescheduled for January... does anyone know what one's chances are for admission into Columbia in January, or at any school for that matter? Because I know that they start sending out lots of acceptance letters in December....

Members don't see this ad.

Generally speaking, your chances are still excellent if you participate in post Dec-1 interviews. I doubt that very few schools (if any) fill up all of their openings via their Dec-1 initial offers of addmittance. The post Dec-1 situation remains very dynamic through January and February because many applicants receive initial Dec-1 acceptance notices from multiple schools . A fluid sorting out process is thus created which takes place well into March. Even then, there is usually some juggling that continues beyond March due to extraordinary circumstances that arise in the lives of some of the acceptees.

Thanks For the Advice on January interviews. I have an interview coming up in early Jan. at NOVA southeastern. I hope that it is still early.

The school told me that Nova interviews all the way up through April. So I am praying that this means if I do well in my interview than I will get accepted with no strings attached. GOOD Luck to all of you! :)

Just to let most of you know that you will all get into a dental school if you did okay in college and have acceptable DAT scores. Now whether it's a school of your top choice I can not guarantee. I'm, of course, speaking from experience and from someone who is familiar with the admissions process on top of a bit of little known information.

So just sit back and enjoy the interview process. Remember that you are interviewing the school just as much as they are interviewing you for their school.