January PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lgooden

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone - think we will get the Jan PCAT scores soon, or do you think they will be delayed because some people took them a week late 'cause of the weather? The Nov. scores were mailed out really quickly.

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy,
I've never posted here but I have quite a concern so I decided to register. I just got my results today, and I got a composite of 99 (dunno how, honestly), and all the breakdowns were listed, but my writing score was nowhere to be found! Do your score reports show the writing part that's supposed to be marked out of 5?

It's kind of worrying me because obviously I want to know what I got but also I don't want to be rejected by the schools I applied to because they didn't get my writing score...

Anyone else not have their writing score?

Thanks...

soulscythe said:
Howdy,
I've never posted here but I have quite a concern so I decided to register. I just got my results today, and I got a composite of 99 (dunno how, honestly), and all the breakdowns were listed, but my writing score was nowhere to be found! Do your score reports show the writing part that's supposed to be marked out of 5?

It's kind of worrying me because obviously I want to know what I got but also I don't want to be rejected by the schools I applied to because they didn't get my writing score...

Anyone else not have their writing score?

Thanks...

u got composite 99 and your worried?

Superflyjsc said:
u got composite 99 and your worried?

I'm worried that schools might not get my written score if I didn't. Since a lot of the selection process is just weeding people out if they don't supply all specified marks and materials, my GPA, composite, extracurriculars, etc... might be meaningless if they never get my written score... ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally Posted by soulscythe
Do your score reports show the writing part that's supposed to be marked out of 5?

First I never heard of it being out of 5 and I've heard the written portion wasn't marked for the jan pcat...so do not worry...

good luck...

disruptor said:
First I never heard of it being out of 5 and I've heard the written portion wasn't marked for the jan pcat...so do not worry...

good luck...

Oh, alright. Thanks for the info...
I got that info from the 2005-2006 candidate information booklet that's at Harcourt's PCAT website. On page 19 & 36-37 of this pdf, http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/Images/dotCom/pcatweb.info/pcat0506_cib.pdf, it says the raw writing score ranges from one to five, and they show an example of a score report on p 36 that looks basically exactly like the one I received, except with the writing score reported.

The last I understood was that the writing portion was experimental for 2004- jan 2005 PCATs... I don't think they ever committed to any of them being unscored because they wanted an honest effort, but I wouldn't worry about it lacking from your score. When I took it in Nov. they didn't say it wouldn't be scored, but I didn't get one, and none of the pharmacy schools I applied to even mentioned it.... I'd try not to worry too much. You have an outstanding composite score!:)

got my January PCAT score back yesterday (thursday) and raised it to a 95 from a 73. Just used the www.pcatprofessor.com, that thing is a beast, i suggest that anyone trying to raise their scores should use it.

Got mine and i'm content with my first attempt, 75. Most likely i will be taking them again since i oddly got a 26% on my reading comp. I studied primarily with pcatprofessor. It was useful in preparing me for the types of questions and most of the materials, however i have several complaints about it now that i have taken the test. There isn't enough org chem, calc, and reading comp questions. They give you percentile scores after taking a quiz/test which becomes decieving after a while cause with constant exposure, your scores increase as a result of memorizing questions. Also, the percentile scores only tell you how many questions you got right, it has nothing to do with the score you'll get on the actual test because they can't recreate a test that relies on what everyone else got. I feel that the best way to study for the pcats is full emersion, utilizing several sources to study from.

The total number o fpoints you can get is like 600. So if you take the points that you got and divided that by 600, that would be the percentage that you got riight. I would look at the school's you are applying to and find out the average percentile score they are accepted. Then a good score would be somewhere around there. But keep in mind that your score can be above or below the average because the highs and lows have to cancel other out some how.

lgooden said:
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I increased my score from an 83 to a 95. I wish I had had my scores sent directly to OSU, but now I have to wait for pharmcas to update everything. Should I request a transcript to be sent directly to them? I just really want to get an interview.

Congrads. You should fax them a copy of your scores jus tto give them a heads up!

K i feel like elle woods! 99 percentile.

you got into harvard law school?
*valley girl voice* like its hard !

Congrats Future Pharm Grads...
I got pcat scores but I dont understand that what is composite score and all of you posted like 99,90,85 etc.How do you calculate overall percentile?

I see Score & Percentil by Subject but not overall....Please help me

Thanks in advance.
Maya

lgooden said:
The last score entitled "composite" os the overall score..

I am a new member here...

This is my third year applying to pharmacy school....I have been on the waiting list at georgia the past two years....

First PCAT - 90
2nd PCAT - 92
January 2005 PCAT - 99

I am hoping I get in this year with a 99 pcat score...I am so happy that I did so well...I didn't take a Kaplan course or anything.

DesiPharm said:
Congrats Future Pharm Grads...
I got pcat scores but I dont understand that what is composite score and all of you posted like 99,90,85 etc.How do you calculate overall percentile?

I see Score & Percentil by Subject but not overall....Please help me

Thanks in advance.
Maya

The only thing that matters are the numbers under Percentile Rank...

Your composite percentile rank score is your overall score

So I got a 99 on the percentile rank score composite...

So out of 100 people including myself...I score better than 99 people out of 100 who took the test.

The rest of my scores

Verbal Ability 429 88
Biology 463 99
Reading/Comp 464 99
Quantitative 448 96
Chemistry 451 97
Composite 451 99