Jazz Gal and 'Professionalism

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Goofy, May 28, 2002.

1. Goofy

Goofy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In a recent thread entitled 'Klebsiella violates SDN rules' , that is now locked, a poster named 'Jazz Gal' had the following observation:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> would like to say in the most civilised and sober way:

Klebsiella is unprofessional. His posts are not in keeping with the rules of SDN, which prohibit personal attacks. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please note that said poster, at the same time she/he publically attacked me, she/he her/himself violated the TOS by posting this thread to multiple forums.

A quick response followed from 'Lee', one of our moderator/owners that assured this poster that my posts would be scrutinized.

This is absolute rubbish, and the fact that a moderator had no qualms at taking a rather controversial poster herself site unseen is rather disturbing. What does it say about the moderation of this site. A newbie, with a handful of posts, and no contributions is believed in a most smug fashion. Yet someone who has actually helped out other members, even assisted two members in gaining residency slots, is the one labeled the problem child.

Lee, I ask in a most repsectful way, what gives?

Lets scrutinize this new poster name 'jazz girl' who you seem to take at her/his word.

Here are a couple choice quotes by this rather offensive, and juvenile author of mindless rhetoric:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In case you didn't notice - or in case you have trouble with the English language, which has been made abundantly apparent in your earlier posts - I derided both you and the "David Green" team of idiots in my last message. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lee, Is this in line with your meter of professionalism?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Or have you just been talking out of your A** all this time? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More lessons in professionalism?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> It would seem, then, that Klebsiella's indulgent harangue was mere masturbation. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> He enjoys getting himself off on the circuitous, incessantly mendacious lunacies of one (many) David Green(s). (At least David Green's posts are amusing.) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At the time, this poster had only 6 posts under his/her belt. I also noted that she/he/shehe also recently registered, around the same time the late davidgreen disappeared. Kind of mysterious no?

Yet you took this author of rubbish at his/her word.

Amazing, this author of degenerate and off color posts is giving lectures on 'professionalism', yet mysteriously behaves and acts like the late davidgreen. Even more mysterious, the owner of this website bites, and assures the infants among us not to worry, because Klebsiella is under the microscope.

Lee, I have posted about this in another thread, yet a moderator response remains elusive. You need to clarify where you stand on this issue. You also need a clear TOS.

I don't pretend to the model of social etiquette. I'm not here for that purpose. Unfortunately the rampant and festering fraternity of idiots that has infested your site, elicits this kind of response from me. If you take the time to read the threads of those who would lynch me, you will see that very often, they are intimately involved in the charged exchange.

Even worse, the rampant immaturity has primed me to respond to everyone I disagree with, with the same level of disdain. This is unfortunate, but the moderation, or lack thereof, has lead to these exchanges. Case in point are some of the exchanges I have had with 'Neurogirl'. She is obviously exceptionally knowledgeable, and a real asset to the community. In fact, along with Voxel, and Dr. Oliver (who still doesn't like me because of our charged disagreement on the NRMP suit), they consitute the top 3 most knowledgeable/useful contributors on your site. I actually confused her with a mindless chatterbox poster who goes by the name of 'daisygirl'. The end result was a lot of mud on my face. Thankfully, Neurogirl is tough, and doesn't bruise easily.

Before you offer publically assure anyone who attacks me, check their record, usually it is blemished.

Finally, I don't use colorful language in my posts. I also try not to attack anyone. I concentrate on the message. If the post is ridiculous, I will ridicule. If it is outrageous, I will mock. If it is absurd, I will respond with absurd wit. I have never, and will never threaten anyone at all. What I will do, is offer the benefit of my knowledge and experience to your members.

In my opinion, you need to learn who your most active/knowledgeable/helpful posters are, and give them the benefit of the doubt, not some infantile 7 post newbie, who has dedicated virtually all of her/his posts to mindless rhetoric and vitriol. They are the backbone of your forums.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...