Jefferson - call for recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pancarre12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else NOT have what Jefferson is demanding in terms of letters? One from humanities, one from physics, one from chem and one from bio? That seems a bit much to me. My humanities teachers I've had for just one class and hardly know, and the physics teachers at my school are...well...if you met them you'd understand. BLAH! I guess I'm sending the secondary with an attachment.

Members don't see this ad.

pancarre12 said:
Does anyone else NOT have what Jefferson is demanding in terms of letters? One from humanities, one from physics, one from chem and one from bio? That seems a bit much to me. My humanities teachers I've had for just one class and hardly know, and the physics teachers at my school are...well...if you met them you'd understand. BLAH! I guess I'm sending the secondary with an attachment.

Are you kidding me? I didnt even realize that they required those kinds of recommendations. i figured each school was pretty much generic when it comes to recs (aka, one or two sciences, and humanities)... i personally dont have a physics rec. damn. do you think it will hurt me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am assuming that you can just submit your normal letter from your committee. They do state on the application that they prefer to receive a recommendation from your committee. I think they list the specific fields in case you have to get individual letters. But I really don't know.

Their requirements are clearly designed to screw people who attend schools without committees... I just submitted what I had. So, we'll see what happens.

are you kidding, thats the most absurd req't yet. my school doesn't have a committe and they're only getting a humanities, physics and bio letter from me. if they're that ridiculous to reject me on that they can go f*ck themselves. hope that helps.
-mota

DaMota said:
are you kidding, thats the most absurd req't yet. my school doesn't have a committe and they're only getting a humanities, physics and bio letter from me. if they're that ridiculous to reject me on that they can go f*ck themselves. hope that helps.
-mota

that's what I said about not providing my SAT score (if they're that ridiculous as to reject me they can go f*ck themselves)...just about in the same words, too :laugh:

DaMota said:
-mota
Same here, i have a chem and i thought i had a bio, but i was mistaken, so now they have 2 chem and a psych...so much for their requirements, but that's too bad for them.. whatever....

I totally didn't realize they had specific LOR reqs . . my premed comittee refuses to send anything other than the same package to every school, because of the number of premeds applying each year. I have my comittee letter, a neurosci prof, a bio prof, an anthropology prof, and my PI from gene therapy. Do you think I should send an explanation to them or just leave it alone?? I've already submitted my secondary and all my letters have been recieved.

So, I'm not sure if this was talked about before but are you guys doing the optional essay? Or are you just using it as a place to update your application or make special notes?

allelicia said:
So, I'm not sure if this was talked about before but are you guys doing the optional essay? Or are you just using it as a place to update your application or make special notes?

This is a quote from their FAQ site "If your school does not have a pre-medical advisory committee, you may submit individual recommendations from at least three instructors, two of whom should be in the sciences. They should be familiar with you and your work. The letters should be sent to Jefferson." So it's probably not as dire as everyone says.

Jocks said:
This is a quote from their FAQ site "If your school does not have a pre-medical advisory committee, you may submit individual recommendations from at least three instructors, two of whom should be in the sciences. They should be familiar with you and your work. The letters should be sent to Jefferson." So it's probably not as dire as everyone says.

The truth is that Jefferson posts several contradictory statements on various parts of their website regarding LORs. So, I figure the LORs I sent are consistent with ONE of their so-called policies... :)

Overeducated said:
The truth is that Jefferson posts several contradictory statements on various parts of their website regarding LORs. So, I figure the LORs I sent are consistent with ONE of their so-called policies... :)
HAHA i'll hope mine are too! lol i'm sure i can find something on their website that works with what i have...;)

I sent these letters of rec and have an interview lined up for end of October at Jefferson:

Organic Professor (Ph.D)
Organic Professor (Ph.D)
Physics Professor
Psychology Professor (Ph.D)
Current Employer (VP)