Jefferson College of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otcrazy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard back from Jefferson College and plan on attending this Fall? Is there any current students that have thoughts about the OT program there.... I am trying to make a decision between here and 2 other schools. I really liked the program and professors and being out of state Roanoke seems to be a pretty fun area. But I don't know if it's worth going to a program out of state that you really like, rather than staying in state and saving money, ect...

Any opinions?????

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else heard back from Jefferson College and plan on attending this Fall? Is there any current students that have thoughts about the OT program there.... I am trying to make a decision between here and 2 other schools. I really liked the program and professors and being out of state Roanoke seems to be a pretty fun area. But I don't know if it's worth going to a program out of state that you really like, rather than staying in state and saving money, ect...

Any opinions?????
I unfortunately wasn't accepted to the program, but I know some current students there that love it. I toured with a friend that is in the program and she had nothing but amazing things to say about the professors, the program, and its facility etc. I did my undergrad at Radford which is only 30 minutes away from Roanoke, and I personally love the city. The hospitals are great, downtown is really fun, and you can find a great apartment for as cheap as 400 a month!

I was accepted and I already sent in my deposit. I'm from Illinois so Roanoke is a pretty long drive but I got a really good feeling from the school. I love that the class is so small. The most important thing is that I know I'll get the help and education i want in a class of 15 as opposed to 45 like some other schools. And I totally agree with VA0821; I was so happy to see apartments for so cheap! Not to mention seeing Virginia kinda made me hate Illinois lol :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your thoughts! Definitely am considering attending now... MiniBun114 where have you thought about living?

As much as I would love to only pay $2,700 per semester for a dorm I'm not crazy about doing the whole bunk-bed living again. I've been researching places near Grandin Court and Greater Raleigh Court; apparently those are safe areas. I only saw the area around Jefferson though so I'm going back to Roanoke in June/July to look at different apartments. Do you know anything about the area//good places to live?

Yea I could never do the dorm thing again.. I haven't seen much of Roanoke either but around the school.. I thought living downtown would be fun and apartments aren't too expensive either.. I don't really know how safe downtown is though. I will probably plan a summer trip to find a place as well

otcrazy, did you decide to go to Jefferson?

Has anyone else out there decided on Jefferson?