Quantcast

Program-Specific Info / Q's Jefferson College of Health Sciences OT 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone heard from Jefferson College of Health Sciences ?

Last edited:

hannieOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone waiting to hear from them for this cycle? I received an email on Nov 21st that they were reviewing apps so I feel like it should be soon

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone waiting to hear from them for this cycle? I received an email on Nov 21st that they were reviewing apps so I feel like it should be soon

Hey, I have not heard back either yet. I applied last year, interviewed but was not accepted. They have a small cohort and usually only accept 18 people. I heard back in November last year for a Jan interview. Maybe they are running behind this year?

Reactions: 1 user

OTHopeful6601

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Sarah Boswell as of last week and she said they are still reviewing applications with interviews being in January and February and decisions being made in March. So I would assume interviews would go out soon as people have to plan to travel?

Reactions: 2 users

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Sarah Boswell as of last week and she said they are still reviewing applications with interviews being in January and February and decisions being made in March. So I would assume interviews would go out soon as people have to plan to travel?

Yeah that sounds about right, I hope they would let us know soon so we have time to prepare.

Reactions: 1 users

hannieOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nothing :( and I'm in NY so I need time to prepare!

mmotapplicant

Reaction score
I have also applied to Jefferson College and am waiting to hear about an interview! Will you post here when you find out something?

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Same here I am in Mobile, Alabama, but I will keep you posted.

I live 1 hour from the school. I did receieve an email from Sara Boswell yesterday about interviews in late January and early feb, so I would imagine any day now!

FutureOT_ACE1

Reaction score
I live 1 hour from the school. I did receieve an email from Sara Boswell yesterday about interviews in late January and early feb, so I would imagine any day now!
That's great! Was this an official email?

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's great! Was this an official email?

Yes it said
' I am just touching base to see if you have any questions or concerns I can help you with.
The OT program is currently reviewing applications. I will keep you posted when I hear something.
The OT Dept. typically holds interviews in late January/early February, with decisions made in March.

FutureOT_ACE1

Reaction score
Yes it said
' I am just touching base to see if you have any questions or concerns I can help you with.
The OT program is currently reviewing applications. I will keep you posted when I hear something.
The OT Dept. typically holds interviews in late January/early February, with decisions made in March.
Okay, thanks, I got that same email in December. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Received letter in mail for interview today! Best of luck to you all.

mdOT17

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Received letter in mail for interview today! Best of luck to you all.

Congrats! I got a letter that I was rejected with no interview. Definitely made me sad but have other schools to hear from! Good luck on your Interview! It was weird because my letter said Fall of 2018... did yours say that? That's a bad typo I think

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

AspiringOT'17

Reaction score
I received a letter in the mail for an interview with Jefferson as well!! Very excited and nervous! :)

Last edited:

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I got a letter that I was rejected with no interview. Definitely made me sad but have other schools to hear from! Good luck on your Interview! It was weird because my letter said Fall of 2018... did yours say that? That's a bad typo I think

No sorry my doesnt not say 2018 :(

FutureOT_ACE1

Reaction score
Congrats everyone, I stillhaven't heard anything. I'm hoping its just taking a little bit more time for the mail to come to Mobile. But to those who also didn't get accepted, don't give up, the best is yet to come! :)

mdOT17

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Maybe I should ask about it... that's a weird typo to me!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

AspiringOT'17

Reaction score
Hey, I have not heard back either yet. I applied last year, interviewed but was not accepted. They have a small cohort and usually only accept 18 people. I heard back in November last year for a Jan interview. Maybe they are running behind this year?
I was just wondering if you could give some incite on what types of questions to expect at the interview? Also, what is the day set up like? I would greatly appreciate some tips on how to prepare for interview day! I am so nervous!!

OTHopeful6601

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also did not get invited for an interview. They only take 20 people per cohort though so that made me feel a little better that they are so selective. Good luck to everyone interviewing! :)

mmotapplicant

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I still have not received any letter and was wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

FutureOT13

Reaction score
I also got an interview. I have heard from students who are currently in the program that it is mostly a group interview. I believe they do a little one on one interview as well though. I believe they hold interviews for 60 applicants and like previously mentioned, accept 18-20 people.

FutureOT13

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of what questions to be prepared for?
I have not, but I am working on contacting some people who are currently in the program. If I am successful, I will definitely let you all know what they say. Just curious, what were some of y'all's stats?

FutureOT13

Reaction score
So I talked with someone who was in the OT program and he said that there is a one-on-one interview, an essay, and a group activity that we complete together. He said it was really laid back and everyone was super nice.

FutureOT_ACE1

Reaction score
So I talked with someone who was in the OT program and he said that there is a one-on-one interview, an essay, and a group activity that we complete together. He said it was really laid back and everyone was super nice.
Thank you!! I'll be there on the 10th!

OTlyfe

Reaction score
I have an interview on Friday and I'm superrrr nervous! Any tips from people who have already done their interview for Jefferson College?

OTlyfe

Reaction score
Also, is having a later interview date bad? Does this hurt my chances?

FutureOT_ACE1

Reaction score
Also, is having a later interview date bad? Does this hurt my chances?

I don't think so, with so many applicants I think that its better that they split it up like they did. Just stay positive and confident!

AellaOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview on Friday and I'm superrrr nervous! Any tips from people who have already done their interview for Jefferson College?
Hey everyone! I received an interview around January 11th and will be going February 3rd. It sounds like there will be 3 weekends (January 27th, February 3rd, and February 10th). I am assuming they are splitting the 60 of us into 3 groups of 20. I am nervous about the interview too! I would say just be honest and show them why you want to be an OT! Good luck!

kidOT

Reaction score
Has anyone done a group interview? I've been to two individual ones but am nervous for the group setting as I feel like I'd personally be more hesistant to talk openly about my accomplishments and qualifications

FutureOT_ACE1

Reaction score
Has anyone done a group interview? I've been to two individual ones but am nervous for the group setting as I feel like I'd personally be more hesistant to talk openly about my accomplishments and qualifications
This is my first interview period, any tips?

AellaOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way! Someone said that it is a 1-1 interview and a group collaboration activity. I feel like that would be easier than a group interview.

kidOT

Reaction score
This is my first interview period, any tips?
I hated it when people told me this before my first interview, but just be yourself! The staff and faculty want you to succeed and want to get to know you. Be proud of what you've done in the past to get here and be passionate about the field and the interview will fall into place :)

FutureOT13

Reaction score
For anyone who had the OT interview at JCHS already, how'd it go? Did people bring a copy of their resume or anything? Trying to figure out what I should bring. Thanks!

LAxW

Reaction score
For anyone who had the OT interview at JCHS already, how'd it go? Did people bring a copy of their resume or anything? Trying to figure out what I should bring. Thanks!

Don't worry too much. You don't have to bring anything, maybe paper and pen. They make you feel very comfortable in the interview, good luck :)

AellaOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that we all are done with interviews (thankfully!), what did you guys think about the process? Will we really have to wait until middle of March?

Last edited:

FutureOT13

Reaction score
Now that we all are done with interviews (thankfully!), what did you guys think about the process? Will we really have to wait until middle of March?
We survived! Woohoo! I thought the interview process was excellent. It truly was a relaxed and fun environment. I greatly enjoyed the group activity. The wait till the end of March will be long, but hopefully (fingers crossed) worth it

AellaOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completely agree! Hoping for sooner but will post on here when I find out!

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an acceptance through mail today!

AspiringOT'17

Reaction score
Yay!! That's awesome! Congratulations! How long did they give you to decide? I am on spring break for school, and I think my acceptance/denial/waitlist letter will be going there instead of to my home mailbox. I am wondering if it would be worth the trip to go check the mail there! Lol

Tay327

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you! It says a $500 deposit is due by March 15th.

AspiringOT'17

Reaction score
I got waitlisted I'm wondering how many people are on it & if there is a good chance for me to be accepted or not? Anyone have any incite?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

AellaOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got waitlisted I'm wondering how many people are on it & if there is a good chance for me to be accepted or not? Anyone have any incite?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I believe it is 10 on the wait list and a class of 20. When I interviewed, they said that it just depends on the year! Sometimes they only take a few off the wait list and other years they could take 5 or more. I haven't received my letter yet so I'm not sure what my status is.

Last edited:

OTwannabe123

Reaction score
I also had an interview on January 27 and got my letter for being waitlisted. Kinda discouraging because I felt really good about the whole interview process. Also, we don't know where we are ranked on the waitlist so that's also nervewracking! Congrats to those that got accepted