Jefferson Dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A while ago their was a thread going with all these people who emailed the dean of Jefferson LOI's. Some never stated whether they heard back. I emailed her well two weeks ago and never heard back. Maybe she got tired of all the emails. Who knows? Did Mistress S or anyone else hear back whether it was negative or positive? One possibility is that she is waiting for spots to open up from people who decline interviews and give us a shot.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Dr. Callahan a few weeks ago and heard back w/in 2 days with an invite for interview. Good luck!

dave

I e-mailed her a while back, probably one of the first to catch on to the thread (I think the name was "how ghetto is this" or something along those lines) She took about 2 weeks to reply saying that I would be contacted for an interview. I have heard that they have already handed out all of their interviews, but I am sure that soe will free up. In fact I am so sure because I am going to be cancelling my interview, so keep your head up high and I would say if you don't hear back from her in a week or so write another e-mail saying that you apologize for bothering her again and you know she must recieve plenty of e-mails about this but that you are sincerely interested in the school because of X, Y, and Z. I reccomend reading her paragraph in the student prospetus it inspired me when I wrote the e-mail to Dr. Callahan.

Good Luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I was so slow to respond BOBODR, I was in NY for my MSSM interview until today. No, I never heard anything back, positive or negative, from Dr. Callahan. Since I e-mailed her late Jan and am hearing that all interview spots are filled, I have pretty much given up hope about hearing from Jeff. I'll definitely post about it if anything changes. Did you ever hear anything back from her?

Did you find that emailing Dean Callahan was more effective than writing her a letter? I sent her a letter along with my fall semester transcript & a publication but haven't heard from her yet. Has anyone tried calling her or any other Dean for that matter?

Generally speaking, which mode of communication between an applicant and Admissions officer is most effective...letter, email, phone call, setting up a meeting/appointment???

I sent her an email on 1/15. She hasn't responded yet.

Mones said:
Did you find that emailing Dean Callahan was more effective than writing her a letter? I sent her a letter along with my fall semester transcript & a publication but haven't heard from her yet. Has anyone tried calling her or any other Dean for that matter?

Generally speaking, which mode of communication between an applicant and Admissions officer is most effective...letter, email, phone call, setting up a meeting/appointment???

I sent her a letter and she told me, when i got the call, that she knew i was interested in attending jeff because of my letter... so rest assured that she actually reads them.

Mistress S said:
Sorry I was so slow to respond BOBODR, I was in NY for my MSSM interview until today. No, I never heard anything back, positive or negative, from Dr. Callahan. Since I e-mailed her late Jan and am hearing that all interview spots are filled, I have pretty much given up hope about hearing from Jeff. I'll definitely post about it if anything changes. Did you ever hear anything back from her?

Hey Mistress.. NO I never got any response and I emailed/mailed my letter. It was well thought out but I guess at this point they are pretty much done, although Tristy just got an interview. I wish they would mail the rejection already. OR Clara did respond to some people and tell them no interview for you! I would appreciate it at this point. I think I might email her again, at this point it cant hurt. Good luck