1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Jefferson housing application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NYMed, Dec 19, 2005.

1. NYMed

NYMed Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I received Jefferson's housing application a couple of weeks ago. Is it just me, or are they asking us to complete it before we even decide if we're going to go to the school? It sounded like they were saying that decisions for housing are made on a first come first serve basis and that you don't even need to be sure that you will be attending in order to submit the application. Has anyone submitted it? If so, what housing arrangement are you choosing?
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. badlydrawnvik

badlydrawnvik Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i submitted it today. i don't think it's a first come first serve basis but i might have misread it, actually i was probably too lazy to read it all the way through. i picked a 3 bedroom at barringer as my first choice, it seemed the nicest and most cost effective as long as i don't get crazy roommates.

4. NYMed

NYMed Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Do you have to rank all the choices? Or do you rank the top 3? 5? How did you rank the other choices?

5. SoCuteMD

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Somehow your housing is decided by the order in which they receive your application. You should submit it as early as possible to give yourself the best shot at what you want. I think a friend of minesubmitted it before she was accepted (she might have been waitlisted). I only heard this in casual conversation with her, though, since I didn't interview at Jeff.

6. badlydrawnvik

5+ Year Member

i ranked my top 4. anyone know how other housing around philly is in comparison? when i visited i don't think many students lived in the jefferson housing.

7. bgreet

bgreet Dopefish Lives!
    7+ Year Member

When I went, most did. I also heard about the frats that they have on campus that are only like $200/month which is awesome but you have to wait till spring semester to live in them. Guess I should get the app in soon.

8. badlydrawnvik

5+ Year Member

what do you think you guys will pick for housing options?

9. bgreet

bgreet Dopefish Lives!
    7+ Year Member

Sent it in today... picked the two apartment places w/ a 3 bedroom/person apt.

10. uhohspaghettios

5+ Year Member

When were you guys accepted? I got accepted Dec 7th and I didn't get a housing app....

11. badlydrawnvik

5+ Year Member

i was accepted awhile ago on 10/20, so it's probably on the way.

12. Bianca01

Bianca01 Member
    5+ Year Member

I haven't sent my housing form in yet..is there a deadline? Also, does anyone know what we are supposed to be doing in terms of Financial aid.
    Happy New Year!

13. yancantcook

yancantcook Senior Member
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

I live near jefferson right now and there are a wide range of options available if you do not want to live in the student housing.

I can't live in the student housing because they don't allow any pets.

There is a huge apartment complex across the street from the hospital, the Ben Franklin House. Rates are a little bit more than the jeff housing but you get more independence and don't have to sign in guests and stuff like college.

craigslist also have a bunch of options as well

14. aspiringdoctor

aspiringdoctor Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

when will Jefferson send the housing packet to us? I haven't received it yet, so I wonder when it will come?

15. riceman04

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

I have been up to Jefferson's apartments a few times...they are really really nice.

16. aspiringdoctor

aspiringdoctor Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I've just received my housing information today, but I found out that most of the rooms are unfurnished, so if IT SAID THAT THE ROOM IS UNFURNISHED, DOES it mean that we have to buy our own bed and couch? I'm an out-state student, so please help.

17. ajs08

ajs08 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I live in the Jefferson apartments right now and yes they aren't furnished. But they're really nice though as far as the size of the apt., location and price. Come sign up, we'll all be neighbors!!

18. yancantcook

yancantcook Senior Member
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

ajs08:

hey!
    i'm going to be jeff next year...do you know whether they allow any pets in the apts?

thanks!