Jefferson---interest phone calls??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shakenotstirred

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been waitlisted at Jefferson since November. Have called every other week, with something new to say. Have had another LOR sent in, sent in 2 letters of INTEREST, and updates, etc. It seems like a great school, and I have just been upfront with whoever answers the phone. But I have STILL had no response from them! I heard that sending just one letter into them will do it, but I feel like I am being a bother after this long. I even asked the receptionist if I was calling too much, but she said that I should continue to be in touch very often. What's the deal?

Has anyone been taken off of a waitlist there since November, and if so, did you call, what did you do? I heard Admissions there was having some problems, but am starting to think it's not just that. Any updates/ideas? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's kind of early for waitlist movement. They haven't even finished interviewing yet. Good to keep in contact, especially since the woman you talked to said that you should. The worst part of applying is WAITING. I guess you're finding that out. Good luck!

I am in the exact same position as you. I have been on the "alternate list" since early december. I sent them grade updates and a recent publication of which I am co-author as well as some other things. I just completed my last interview, so my official letter of intent is going out this week. I have not started calling yet, but that will come soon. Jeff is definitely my top choice since I want to stay in philly.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey path, you got into drexel right? What was your impression?

Originally posted by MErc44
hey path, you got into drexel right? What was your impression?

Yes I did. I actually liked the school. I would choose it over some of the other schools that I interviewed at (eg. Penn State). The PIL program is definitely of interest to me because it suits my learning style and it is not just a straight-up PBL curriculum. Not to mention that I currently attend undergrad on the mainline in Philly and my apartment is about a 5-7 minute drive (without traffic) from Drexel, so if I decide to move closer to the campus, I wouldn't be moving far. Although philadelphia is not New York, it still is a fun city with plenty to do. NYC can also be overwhelming at times with things to do whereas philly is much more manageable. One of the main reasons why I would choose jefferson over drexel is location. I would prefer to live and attend school in center city as opposed to the suburbs where drexel is located.

Originally posted by Shakenotstirred
Hey guys. I've been waitlisted at Jefferson since November. Have called every other week, with something new to say. Have had another LOR sent in, sent in 2 letters of INTEREST, and updates, etc.

just curious- but what sort of NEW thing do you tell them every two weeks??

What can you say when you call?

"I like your school a lot"?

One thing you guys might want to try sometime in the future is meeting with the Dean. I was on the Jeff waitlist last year and one day I got so fed up that I just called the office and asked to meet with the dean. The meeting went well. It played out like a second interview. Although I didnt get in last year. The meeting bumped me up the list quite a bit and I recieved an early acceptance this year. Schools in general want people who really want to thier school. I think calling is good, but the secretary just writes your name down on a little pink slip and puts it in your file. Not a whole lot of payoff for all the nerve it takes to call the office over and over. I feel your pain.

Thanks for replying all. When I called, I just asked about my status. She said nothing, but said it was good I was calling, and that she would put in a word--she made it sound like a big deal, but I can tell it isn't. Reason I am calling is because when I interviewed there, my student interviewer and tour guide said right when they got home, they called in, and got accepted a couple days later. So, I sent in a letter or two, etc. etc. I've heard they're having admissions problems this year, so maybe that's what's holding it up.

To Path, I got into Drexel, too. I agree I'd rather be downtown, but it is close enough. I'm just worried about finding housing and all. I got into the PIL program, but don't really know if it's for me...the no test thing is good, but it seems like too much "teaching yourself."

Anyway, hope to see some of you in my class next year. Thanks for the input.