Jefferson LORs/Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trunksvegeta

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if it is ok with Jefferson to get recommendations from all graduate professors? In the secondary, it says IN ADDITION to the undergraduate letters one can add any graduate professors and some other non science. My question is ...has anyone thats been out of undergrad for awhile gotten just their more recent professors(graduate) and just submitted those? Would it be bad if I just put in all graduate professors anyways, or should I try to rekindle some relationships with some older professors from undergrad just to satisfy what is stated on the secondary? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by trunksvegeta
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if it is ok with Jefferson to get recommendations from all graduate professors? In the secondary, it says IN ADDITION to the undergraduate letters one can add any graduate professors and some other non science. My question is ...has anyone thats been out of undergrad for awhile gotten just their more recent professors(graduate) and just submitted those? Would it be bad if I just put in all graduate professors anyways, or should I try to rekindle some relationships with some older professors from undergrad just to satisfy what is stated on the secondary? Thanks

Isn't that part of the Jefferson app strange? I called them and they said to go ahead and submit any 4 recs you want, just write them and tell them that they shouldn't wait around for the physics, chem, etc recs they "require." In fact, the secretary told me it is VERY common for people not to turn in their "required" recs and that they don't care. She also mentioned that they will change this aspect of the application soon... so don't worry and send in any recs you want...just send them a letter telling them what you're subsituting.

Where does it say that you can send additional non-science letters? I have 3 science and 1 non-science, but want to submit a non-academic letter also. Does anyone know if they allow non-academic letters?

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
Where does it say that you can send additional non-science letters? I have 3 science and 1 non-science, but want to submit a non-academic letter also. Does anyone know if they allow non-academic letters?

Yeah, they allow it...they just don't encourage it...the secretary told me to send in any four letters and that their "requirement" isn't strict and very often not adhered to. whatever you do, you need to inform them in writing....