Jefferson LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What LOR's did you send to Jefferson? (1 bio, 1 chem, 1 physics, 1 hum.)

• I sent the required LOR's only

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I omitted 1 or more "required" LOR's

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I plan to omit 1 or more "required" LOR's

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I received interview or acceptance without complying to LOR requirement

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
C

CyclinE

Is anyone seriously sending 1 physics, 1 chem, 1 bio, and 1 humanities letter (4 total) to Jefferson?

I've heard people got interviews & acceptances without these. The requirement seems somewhat presumptious; is anyone actually complying?

Anyone got interviews without each of these four??

any answers would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Once again, I've got to ask, if you're getting a committee letter from your school, do these requirements still hold?

I don't think they're very strict about having each kind of LOR. I only had 2 bio, 1 volunteer, 1 personal, and 1 from the premed advisor and I got an interview. Don't worry. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you look carefully on their website, it says you need all that "if possible." Even though I was not invited for an interview there last year, my file was still "complete" even though I had 3 biochemistry LOR's and one from my english teacher. I plan on sending 2 biochem this year and one from a physiology/gross anatomy teacher from the graduate work I did.

A committee letter is fine. I'm at Jeff now, and that's what they got from me.

I did not have all 4 (had bio, physics, and humanities). I substituted a doc I shadowed for chem. I got an interview and was waitlisted.

Damn, I thought those types of letters were required so I didnt apply there. Oh well.

Jetson

It's not too late. :)