Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For your information:
Several medical schools are expanding their class sizes for the entering Class of 2009. For example, Jefferson is expanding the class size from 230 to 255.

I suggest that, as you are choosing your future schools this spring, analyze whether a school has the resources in place to handle this increased load of students.

This is an important issue because the student services (clerkships, class space, gym, financial aid) are not insignificantly affected by expanding class sizes. The attached newsletter includes additional information.

http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/osacc/news/NewsletterWinter05.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• NewsletterWinter05.pdf
    95 KB · Views: 91
jefferson has a class size of 230 right now?

thats huge. they only interview 840 people or something so they must accept atleast 50% of interviewees.

i'm very surprised at that. and i'm also surprised the class size is increasing.

jefferson is expanding its class and i wasn't invited for an interview? :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
sdnstud said:
jefferson is expanding its class and i wasn't invited for an interview? :mad:

haha stud, i know how you feel ;) no invite for me either~ :thumbdown:

carrigallen said:
For your information:
Several medical schools are expanding their class sizes for the entering Class of 2009. For example, Jefferson is expanding the class size from 230 to 255.

I suggest that, as you are choosing your future schools this spring, analyze whether a school has the resources in place to handle this increased load of students.

This is an important issue because the student services (clerkships, class space, gym, financial aid) are not insignificantly affected by expanding class sizes. The attached newsletter includes additional information.

http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/osacc/news/NewsletterWinter05.pdf

thanks for the info