1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Jefferson MS1 advice on apartments

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Yuliya11111, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Yuliya11111

Yuliya11111 Member
    7+ Year Member

Students at Jefferson, can you help me out?

I was looking at apts. online around Jefferson today, but could only find very expensive ones 1000+/month. I definitely need a one-bedroom, because it will be me and hubby. Can you give me any tips on where else to search or some good places to call?

Thanks. Help is so much appreciated. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. burlypie

burlypie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm not a student there (yet!) but...have you tried Craigslist? (www.craigslist.org, and click on Philly on list of cities on the right). I've seen some for around 800 recently.

4. pez

pez Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm a MS4 at Jeff. There are SOOOO many cheap rentals around here. If you can, walk around the neighborhoods and you'll see that just about every building has a number to call for rentals. Also check out CityPaper and Philadelphia Weekly. They are weekly papers about activities in philly but also have classifieds (I think online too). All else fails, you can live in the housing provided by Jeff.

5. emidesu

emidesu Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    If you're willing to commute a little farther, you can get a 1-bedroom in West Phillly, South Philly or Germantown for *much* less...like $400-500...Don't fall for the $1000 ones and if you spend $800, make sure it's nice. The center city apartment market is crazy inflated.

PM me with any questions...