Jefferson secondary question (LORs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who didn't send the required letters of recommendation for Jefferson, did you use the additional essay space to tell them why? I have an essay I would like to use in that space, but it is right at the 2000 character limit, and I'm wondering if I should shorten it so I can include the LOR information, or if I should send them a separate note.

Also, if you did talk about the LOR's in the additional space, did you include any other personal statement-type essay for the extra characters, or did you leave it blank? I'm not sure how to transition from my essay to the LOR explanation. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking at my Jeffersen application and I don't see any place that asked for an essay. Jefferson has a very straight-forward secondary where they basically just want the $75. Am I missing something here?

there's a section that states in 2000 word or less tell anything you want to JMS. it's not an official question.

I was accepted at Jefferson this week and I only sent them three letters of rec: one from my English professor, one from general chemistry and one from O-Chem. So I was missing one from physics and one from biology (if I remember correctly they wanted one from each science and a humanity). I did not use the extra space to give them an explanation (I did not use the extra space at all). If you have an interesting reason other than "my physics class had 200 kids and I didn't talk to the professor" maybe you should include it. But if the LOR's you send are strong I don't think you need to worry about it too much.