About the Ads

Hkoser

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Tempe, AZ
Status
Pre-Medical
make sure u have all the necessary LOR before you fill it out. I already sent it and paid w/o realizing they want a letter from a chem, bio, phys & humanities profs specificly

xanthomondo

nom nom nom
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
the island of Doctor Moreau
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hkoser said:
make sure u have all the necessary LOR before you fill it out. I already sent it and paid w/o realizing they want a letter from a chem, bio, phys & humanities profs specificly
you dont have to have all of them if you have a committee letter

confused888

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
taylormade44 said:
you dont have to have all of them if you have a committee letter

Really? is this a rule just for jefferson or does this apply to all colleges? I only have LORs from Bio teachers...do I need to ask my chem/phys teachers to write me Recs too if I have a committee letter?

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Status
confused888 said:
Really? is this a rule just for jefferson or does this apply to all colleges? I only have LORs from Bio teachers...do I need to ask my chem/phys teachers to write me Recs too if I have a committee letter?
How strict is this. I dont have the physics LOR.

Erina

MS-IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
confused888 said:
typically most schools (if not all) will accept the committee letter in place of specific LOR requirements.

spospo

Going to extremes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
The 'kane
Status
Medical Student
narc said:
How strict is this. I dont have the physics LOR.
narc, personally, i don't think they are that strict about it. i emailed them and they responded saying to just send in a letter stating from whom they should expect letters and briefly why not their requirements. so that is what i did.

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Status
spospo said:
narc, personally, i don't think they are that strict about it. i emailed them and they responded saying to just send in a letter stating from whom they should expect letters and briefly why not their requirements. so that is what i did.
Good deal. Ill do that. Thanks

farikanok

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Status
anyone think that the "additional comments" section of the jefferson secondary is an "essay question"??? the space provided in the pdf file is only about 8 lines.

spospo

Going to extremes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
The 'kane
Status
Medical Student
farikanok said:
anyone think that the "additional comments" section of the jefferson secondary is an "essay question"??? the space provided in the pdf file is only about 8 lines.
i wouldn't really consider it an "essay." you can try to wirte why you applied to the school, explain a bad semester, or something like that. also, in the instructions, it says to use that space to explain why you can't fulfill that weird 4 LOR requirement (if not committee letter) IF you can't fulfill it.

About the Ads