jefferson today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dago

University of Kentucky
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interview Jan 3. Call Jan 10 around 4:45. Good luck to all who are waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the call!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
i interviewed 1/31, two weeks ago

nice! so yeah, I'm about 50% sure I'll see you there...

Dr. Callahan is the bomb-diggity:)

Count me in!!! congrats to all. gotta love the phone call one week later. :)

What was my wake up call this morning? An acceptance from Dr. Callahan!! Sweet! I also interviewed last Wednesday. If only all medical schools had a week turn-around time. Congrats to all of you!

i'm so jealous that it pains me!!! ahhhhh. congrats though

Members don't see this ad :)
bumping the Jefferson thread since I'm hoping to hear some good news today:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

let us know if you get "the call" today and :luck: to all!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
seriously though, anybody hear from jeff today? i'm so nervous! has anybody heard they were accepted more than 2 weeks after an interview? please excuse my obsessive cumpulsive behavior but i'm so run down by this whole process....

seriously though, anybody hear from jeff today? i'm so nervous! has anybody heard they were accepted more than 2 weeks after an interview? please excuse my obsessive cumpulsive behavior but i'm so run down by this whole process....

Actually, 2 weeks is average. 3-4 weeks is not unusual - depending on if your interviewer was able to attend the admissions meeting and whatnot.

Any calls today? Interviewed 2/21.

nope, i also interviewed last wed (2/21). crossing my fingers!

hey,

i got the call yesterday from Dean Callahan! just wanted to let you know not to stress out too too much because i interviewed 3 weeks ago - she said that it all depends on when your interviewer shows up to the next adcom meeting. annoying i know, but there is still hope!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Yeah, and while I wouldn't overwhelm them, you can call the office and they let you know if they've made a decision on you yet.

does anyone know if they stopped sending out interview invites?

They interview through mid-April. I'd assume the last few interviews will go out mid-March.

no call for me....as of 3:54 pm ET
interviewed Feb. 21

Did anyone get a call from Jeff today? I interviewed last Wed (2/28), and no call as of 6:30 pm.

I have yet to hear anything either. I interviewed Feb 28th. Do they call on Wednesday only?

Same with me. I interviewed 2/21, also. Maybe they're waiting until tomorrow.... at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself to keep calm as I look at my phone every 10 minutes and say to myself.... "oh good, no missed calls!" :(

Receieved around 4:45 p.m. EST. 2/21. Don't worry, it all depends on your interviewer meeting with the committee.

Receieved around 4:45 p.m. EST. 2/21. Don't worry, it all depends on your interviewer meeting with the committee.

Thanks for the support, but the pessimist in me can't help but thinking that there are always people from each interview session that gets waitlisted and rejected. :oops: Looks like it is about beer-o-clock yet again!

Dean Callahan had to drive to Penn State this afternoon for something and couldn't attend our post interview wrap up today. This is purely speculation, but maybe she didn't have time to make phone calls either? Maybe she'll call tomorrow or is waiting until next week. Again, I'm not sure about this, I just didn't want you all freaking out if this is the reason she hasn't made any calls. :)

I had an interview today and was wondering what I should in regard to letter of interest/intent. Should I send directly to Dr. Callahan? And should it be through snail-mail or e-mail? (BTW, does anyone have Dr. Callahan's e-mail address?)

Also should I send a letter of interest first, and if I were to get waitlisted, send a letter of intent? Or can I send a letter of intent right now (I really, really want to go to Jefferson).

Dean Callahan's email address is Clara.Callahan at jefferson.edu I think. I've sent updates via snail and email; either one gets the job done. She replies quickly, but succinctly since i'm sure she gets tons of e-mails every day.

Dean Callahan's email address is Clara.Callahan at jefferson.edu I think. I've sent updates via snail and email; either one gets the job done. She replies quickly, but succinctly since i'm sure she gets tons of e-mails every day.
Thanks for the info. I will probably send a letter through snail mail and email too. Better safe than sorry.

About the snail mail letter, should I send it to the office of admissions or directly to Dr. Callahan?

I think their website lists the dean's office address. Just use that address, but address the letter to Dr. Callahan. That's what I did, and I received a personal response from her.

Has anyone been accepted without getting a personal phone call from the Dean? Just called the admissions office and found out a "decision has been mailed to me..." :-\

Has anyone been accepted without getting a personal phone call from the Dean? Just called the admissions office and found out a "decision has been mailed to me..." :-\

Decisions are also mailed out after the phone call. Acceptances are a little postcard; waitlists are an envelope with the option to be considered at a later date or withdraw one's application.

Did you check your voicemail? I've heard of people not getting the phone call and finding the postcard a week later, but I'd assume the admissions people would have said you were accepted if you were :(.

I'll try to get more info, it doesn't seem like they're handing out many acceptances outright at the moment.

<sigh> Yeah, my guess is my interview was too late. Do you know how long it takes for the letters/postcards to arrive post decision?

I think it really depends where you live. I found out Wednesday via phone call and received the postcard Saturday. However, I live about 20 mins from campus. I'd assume if a decision has already been mailed to you, it shouldn't take more than 1-1.5 weeks? Depending on USPS and all that good stuff.

I didn't get a call from Dr. Callahan yesterday, but I got e-mails from the financial aid office and the IT department today welcoming me to the "Jefferson Family". So, I called up the admissions office and told them what happened. After about 15 minutes and her saying that it says that I have been accepted, she back peddles and says that she will have someone contact me, but a decision has been mailed :confused: . I don't want to assume anything too early but, WOW.... play with my emotions a bit?!?

I didn't get a call from Dr. Callahan yesterday, but I got e-mails from the financial aid office and the IT department today welcoming me to the "Jefferson Family". So, I called up the admissions office and told them what happened. After about 15 minutes and her saying that it says that I have been accepted, she back peddles and says that she will have someone contact me, but a decision has been mailed :confused: . I don't want to assume anything too early but, WOW.... play with my emotions a bit?!?

Weird, maybe they don't want anybody to tell you before Dr. Callahan does? I'm sure you're fine though, congrats!

Yakshemash! I've got an acceptance at last! If you didn't get a call yesterday, don't worry too much yet - Dr. Callahan wasn't able to get to everything yesterday. Cryptic messages about decisions being mailed should not dissuade you either. I'm going to go get a drink! :-D

Congrats johnnydrama, thebeatblitz, and Malla!!

I interviewed on 2/28. Keeping my fingers crossed for a call next Wednesday...or, I guess some welcome emails from FinAid and IT would be just as great ;)

Does anyone know when Jefferson starts classes this fall?