Jefferson turn-around time??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sperry

snarkilicious
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there - a newbie here w/a question.....

does anyone have any info on the avg. turn-around time btwn interview and final notification for Jefferson? My interview's on Wed and am curious as to when I might hear from them. Any help is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

They tell you about a month at the interview (I interview Nov 20 so i am getting excited) but there have been postings before saying 5 days to two weeks. So I guess it varies. They say that they try to get back to everyone though within 4 weeks!

Good luck at your interview!

I interviewed at Jeff back in the middle of October, and they had told us it would take about 4 weeks to hear from them. I received a decision about 5 weeks later, so they were pretty accuarate. I know some people heard in less time though, but I would think 4-5 weeks is pretty standard...

And good luck, Jefferson is awesome!!

Members don't see this ad :)
those who have gotten interviews and/or acceptances at jefferson--if you don't mind me asking--what are your stats like? feel free to PM me about it-- i would be super grateful. i'm applying next cycle and i'm really interested in jefferson. thanks ! :)

Originally posted by lalalala
those who have gotten interviews and/or acceptances at jefferson--if you don't mind me asking--what are your stats like? feel free to PM me about it-- i would be super grateful. i'm applying next cycle and i'm really interested in jefferson. thanks ! :)

girl, as i told you already, you're jeff material dangit!!!! :D

It seems that Jeff turnaround time varies widely. I've heard of some people that got notice after about a week, and some that have waited months. In any case, just go kicka$$ and then sit back and try not to worry about it. Good luck! :)

they also have multiple ways of informing you of there decision, so be wary. I met someone (the gtown girl ;) )who got a phone call from them, I got a letter in the mail before getting a postcard two weeks later, some people got a postcard in the mail first, which i find kind of strange :confused:

i interviewed on oct 24th, and my letter was dated nov 6 :D

Many thanks guys!!

I actually heard from Jeff via email only (I never received anything in the mail - luckily I'm w/in walking distance and don't have to rely on the transportation info). After that - I really double check all the 'spam' mail in the junk file before deleting it!! ;)

I'm trying not to have a nervous melt-down, so if anyone has some sage words of advice - I'll gladly hear them!

Thanks again
-sperry (busy stomping on the butterflies in my stomach...)

lalalala, I PM'd you....

I interviewed around October 10th and haven't heard yet... :mad: :confused:

Originally posted by DW
girl, as i told you already, you're jeff material dangit!!!! :D

:p hehehe lol... you know how that little insecurity demon can kick in-- man i wish i was applying this cycle... reading all these posts make me antsy :) -- hey did penn show you any love yet?? they better! keep me posted on your status :)

i was complete there in august, received an invite in sept for Oct 30, interviewed then, heard 2 weeks later i was in. pretty quick was my sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished my secondary in Sugust and have heard jack from Jefferson since then. They never even sent me a letter telling me my app was complete. Does anyone know if alot schools still give out interviews after the new year? and if so have they already begun to fill those up?

My app was complete mid September and I still have not heard back from them. Anybody else had same experience?

my file was complete 11/8/02. I found out by calling them. They never sent me a letter or email saying file complete and I haven't heard about an interview either.

Anton

i've also been complete there since september and havent heard a single thing from them...

I interviewed on Nov. 20th and am going crazy!! I really want to go to Jefferson and I had a great interview that lasted an hour and 10 minutes!

I am hoping to hear something in the mail this week! But that might be hopeful?? I think the committee met last week but who knows what could happen then!!
!

Going crazy along with all of you guys!

SS

If you haven't heard from Jeff yet - you should call the admissions office (talk to Luel San Diego). They notified me via email and it originally ended up filtered w/all my other spam mail. Call to be sure they haven't tried to contact you yet....

P.S. My interview went great! :D Already posted the feedback - now just the painful wait...

I interviewed there in late Sept and they got back to me late Nov, just to give you an idea. So it could be from 1 to 3 months I'm guessing

hmmm when i was there they said the admissions committee met regularly, so people could hear from 1 week- 1 month. i guess it is all about how quickly your interviewer finishes your letter...

good luck SS! Its the best school I have gotten into as of yet, so i may very well be in your class!

Hey I actually interviewed at Jeff on 12/11 too. Besides the crappy weather, I really liked the school and what it has to offer clinically. Sherry, are you from the city of Philadelphia or the surrounding surburbs? I was surprised at how many MD/PhDs interviewed there considering that there are only five spots open.

Yeah, I live in Philly now - within walking distance of Jeff (I think that qualifies me for acceptance there - don't you?) ;) How far did you have to travel?

I was surprised about the number of MD/PhD applicants there too. I have a feeling they only have a few days that they interview for those spots - they have to coordinate with the grad school too.

Other than the crappy weather (I almost bit it crossing over to Alumni Hall :rolleyes: , it sounded like a pretty decent program - especially the clinical years. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Yeah, I live in philadelphia too actually. It took me about a fifteen minute train ride to get to Jefferson. I actually got a bit sick afterwards because of the cold and rain! :mad: Oh well, that's life as an interviewee I guess...

I'm pulling for both of us to get into Jeff. Hopefully we'll hear some good news in time for Christmas! :)