Jefferson University DPT 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mad.dpt

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I haven't seen a Thomas Jefferson University DPT thread for this cycle yet. Has anyone had any response/ interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an invitation to interview with them last week!

Reactions: 1 user
I was part of the group Zoom interview on 9/24. On Tuesday (10/6) I received the phone call of acceptance from Christian Ulysse.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was part of the group Zoom interview on 9/24. On Tuesday (10/6) I received the phone call of acceptance from Christian Ulysse.
If you don't mind me asking, how was the group interview? I have never done a group interview before and I am super nervous especially considering that it will be 3 hours.

I didn't mind the Zoom interview. I would have preferred in-person but it's understandable why they decided to do it online.

My main piece of advice is to update Zoom prior to your interview. I had an issue early on with the audio and it required a quick update.

The entire session lasted a little over 2 hours. It begins with introductions by the faculty, current students, and applicants. You then have a 30 minute presentation about the program. Then the current students weigh in on the program and stay for a few questions from the applicants.

After the first hour ended, smaller groups (I was in a group of 4) of applicants merged from the main lobby to a private session with one faculty member who asked a variety of questions for another hour. Afterwards, everyone re-entered the main lobby to hear some information regarding estimated times on decisions on acceptances, rejections, and the waiting list.

Last edited:
Awesome! Did everyone answer the same question during the actual interview portion? Thanks so much and congratulations!

I applied in August and was thought I would hear something by October 1st like the email said but haven't heard anything yet.. anyone else in the same boat?

I applied in August and was thought I would hear something by October 1st like the email said but haven't heard anything yet.. anyone else in the same boat?

I am. I even got an email saying all of materials were received. I thought by now I would’ve heard at least something.

Awesome! Did everyone answer the same question during the actual interview portion? Thanks so much and congratulations!
We mainly answered different questions from the same topic and once everyone finished we moved on to a different topic. Thank you, TJU was my #1 choice.

I am. I even got an email saying all of materials were received. I thought by now I would’ve heard at least something.
Yes I am in the same boat! I applied in September and received notice September 25th that I was under review but haven't heard since?

Yes I am in the same boat! I applied in September and received notice September 25th that I was under review but haven't heard since?

oh I applied mid August haha, at this point I’ve already gotten into one of my top two so I’m happy, but I’d just like to hear the decision

I applied here too! The confirmation email I received put me in the second section hearing back by Jan 1 so nothing yet. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I haven't seen a Thomas Jefferson University DPT thread for this cycle yet. Has anyone had any response/ interviews?
I interviewed with them September 24th, and they called with a decision about a week ago!

If you don't mind me asking, how was the group interview? I have never done a group interview before and I am super nervous especially considering that it will be 3 hours.
I was also in the group interview on this date! On our interview day it was a meet and greet for about an hour with the faculty and students and they provide a lot of time for questions. Then you go into breakout rooms of 4 interviewees to 1 faculty interviewer. It’s not bad but the questions weren’t the normal “what are you strengths and weaknesses” questions, so be prepared for situational type questions! Hope this helped!

Hello! I also got an interview and I was wondering what type of questions they asked. Like could you guys list them? It would be super helpful. And congrats to everyone who got in :))

I submitted my application sept 10 and heard back for an interview on Oct 6. I scheduled it for Oct 29!! Any tips on how to prepare for the situational questions?

I interviewed on October 8 and just received a call this afternoon that I was accepted!!

If you don't mind me asking, were they all situational? I had an interview with another school and their questions weren't very typical either so that doesn't totally surprise me, but I was hoping that some of them would be just about me and who I am as a person and my journey to this career. Any advice helps! Thanks :)
Hey! so each interviewee in the group was asked 4 questions i believe and I think 3 of them were situational and one of them was more about your experiences with PT (aide, shadowing, personal experience, etc).

I submitted my application sept 10 and heard back for an interview on Oct 6. I scheduled it for Oct 29!! Any tips on how to prepare for the situational questions?
Fortunately it will be only a few questions since itll be a group format. Think about being a physical therapist in the future and what you would be like in the profession, how you would handle c ertain situations and what aspects are important for a physical therapist to have.

Hey! so each interviewee in the group was asked 4 questions i believe and I think 3 of them were situational and one of them was more about your experiences with PT (aide, shadowing, personal experience, etc).
Thanks so much! My interview was yesterday and I honestly think it went super well! Do you know whether or not you’ll be accepting your offer?

Thanks so much! My interview was yesterday and I honestly think it went super well! Do you know whether or not you’ll be accepting your offer?
Im honestly not sure yet I still have a few schools to interview with. I really loved Jefferson and its definitely one of my top choices right now. Not to mention they called to inform me of my acceptance fairly quickly after my interview, so I really liked that!

Did they reach out via email for interviews? Or did you have to check on the TJU Graduate portal?

Did they reach out via email for interviews? Or did you have to check on the TJU Graduate portal?
They emailed me about 2 weeks ago (Oct 8th I believe) to invite me to interview. I submitted my application in August though, so I was put in the category of hearing back by early Oct!

I interviewed on the 29th and got an acceptance today (11/3) as well:) and a merit based scholarship!

Hello, my interview is next week and I am very nervous for it. I saw on the posts earlier that the questions weren't the basic questions. Are there any tips on how to prepare for it?

Hello, my interview is next week and I am very nervous for it. I saw on the posts earlier that the questions weren't the basic questions. Are there any tips on how to prepare for it?
Like the people above said, prepare for questions to be situational. There were four different types of questions that they asked my group and they were related to life experiences, future desires, the profession of PT itself, so they weren't really just basic questions. It was very laid back, so don't be nervous! The faculty was awesome and made it very relaxed. Also- make friends with those in your group, make small talk with them while you can and don't think of them as competition. You got this!

Like the people above said, prepare for questions to be situational. There were four different types of questions that they asked my group and they were related to life experiences, future desires, the profession of PT itself, so they weren't really just basic questions. It was very laid back, so don't be nervous! The faculty was awesome and made it very relaxed. Also- make friends with those in your group, make small talk with them while you can and don't think of them as competition. You got this!
Thank you so much.

My application was reviewed and completed on August 18th, and still no word from Jefferson. I emailed them and they told me they were experiencing a delay and that is why I didn’t hear back on October 1st. After awhile of not hearing anything still, I emailed them again and they told me that my application is still under review on October 26. Haven’t heard anything since then. Anyone else not hear back that applied in early August?

My application was reviewed and completed on August 18th, and still no word from Jefferson. I emailed them and they told me they were experiencing a delay and that is why I didn’t hear back on October 1st. After awhile of not hearing anything still, I emailed them again and they told me that my application is still under review on October 26. Haven’t heard anything since then. Anyone else not hear back that applied in early August?
Hey so I would check your spam or even your inbox. The first email they sent me for my interview somehow ended up in the spam folder. But luckily I spotted it and was able to sign up for a date. Hope this helps!

Hey so I would check your spam or even your inbox. The first email they sent me for my interview somehow ended up in the spam folder. But luckily I spotted it and was able to sign up for a date. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice! I just checked my spam and nothing there relating to Jefferson. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

I’m actually in the same boat! I haven’t reached out and was going to wait another two weeks. I submitted mine a few days before you and also received an email that my application was complete but that’s it.

I’m actually in the same boat! I haven’t reached out and was going to wait another two weeks. I submitted mine a few days before you and also received an email that my application was complete but that’s it.
Well I’m glad to know atleast someone is in the same boat as me. I started to get worried because I kept seeing that everyone was getting interviews and even acceptances and I haven’t heard anything.

I had my interview on Thursday and it was definitely accurate what everyone above has been describing about the questions! My group was asked three rounds of questions, 2 of them we answered questions within the same broad category and for one category we all answered the same question. The faculty member who interviewed my group seemed like she was scrolling through question options for each category, so it probably won't be the same questions for each interview group. Think about previous experiences you've had and be able to apply them to different questions, and you'll do fine!

I was just accepted today with a merit-based scholarship. Does anyone have any contact info for a current student or recent grad? I have some really important questions to ask..

I was in the same situation for the longest time and they sent me an email last week that I was put on the waitlist for an interview. Not sure if info helps at all, hopefully you get an interview invite!

I was in the same situation for the longest time and they sent me an email last week that I was put on the waitlist for an interview. Not sure if info helps at all, hopefully you get an interview invite!
Thank you for the information! Still haven’t heard anything back yet. At this point I’m think I just got rejected.

Has anyone enrolled yet? I have to make a decision between TJU, Rutgers South, and UScience soon. I'm leaning towards TJU and I'm going to be attending the virtual Admitted Student Reception on Wednesday.

Has anyone enrolled yet? I have to make a decision between TJU, Rutgers South, and UScience soon. I'm leaning towards TJU and I'm going to be attending the virtual Admitted Student Reception on Wednesday.
Im thinking about confirming the enrollment today, do you know how much the deposit is? I thought I had an email with what the enrollment deposit amount was but I guess I dont. Thanks!

Has anyone not heard back still? I was asked in October to send my fall grades because I'm still finishing up prereqs and haven't heard back beyond that. I'm thinking it's just a rejection at this point LOL because it's so late in the process.

Has anyone not heard back still? I was asked in October to send my fall grades because I'm still finishing up prereqs and haven't heard back beyond that. I'm thinking it's just a rejection at this point LOL because it's so late in the process.
I haven’t heard back either, I am also just assuming rejection as well.

Hi! Are you still on the waitlist or did they contact you for an interview?

Hi y’all!! I got an interview at TJU!! I just had a few questions for those who have interviewed already.
I read above that it is a group interview but are there break out rooms, one on one with a faculty member? Or a group of 4?

Hi y’all!! I got an interview at TJU!! I just had a few questions for those who have interviewed already.
I read above that it is a group interview but are there break out rooms, one on one with a faculty member? Or a group of 4?
My interview was a breakout room from the info session with 2 other students and one faculty member interviewing us

I just put the deposit in for enrollment and was wondering who else decided to go with TJU?? I’m super excited to get to know everyone in our class and I was thinking we should make a Facebook group with all of us!