farnk20

5+ Year Member
May 24, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I've been extraordinarily lucky to be accepted to both already, and I'm completely torn. I visited both and immediately felt great about the people, the environment, and, well, everything. As for Rush, I was extremely impressed with the hospitals - it pretty much blew me away that the med students seemed to be allowed to do so much at County in particular, and the (relatively) new Rush hospital isn't anything to sneeze at either. As for Jeff, I'm originally from PA, and I'd love to end up on the East coast someday. Another complication is that I know a TON of people in Chicago and have a huge support system there, while I don't know anyone in Philly. That being said, I immediately clicked with the students at Jeff, and I didn't get a chance to meet as many at Rush. I'm definitely going to have to go to second look days at both, but in the meantime, could anyone offer any insights on either school? Thanks!!

Aug 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I think the information on this link should help make a decision.

Moderators, can we please get this moved off the school-specific discussions page?

OP
farnk20

farnk20

5+ Year Member
May 24, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Bump, I believe this is supposed to be here according to the guidelines.

iceman55

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I would go to rush just because I prefer Chicago over Philly.

However, go to Jefferson if you want to increase your chances of ending up on the east coast.

IMO, they are pretty similar schools in regards to landing a comp. specialty.

Reactions: QuinnTheEskimo
OP
farnk20

farnk20

5+ Year Member
May 24, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I would go to rush just because I prefer Chicago over Philly.

However, go to Jefferson if you want to increase your chances of ending up on the east coast.

IMO, they are pretty similar schools in regards to landing a comp. specialty.
As in, I will have no shot at either or I would have a good shot at either for something competitive? I know this is a stupid question since most of it depends on your scores and such, but I'm splitting hairs at this point. I'm more interested in internal medicine, which both seem to place a lot of people for, but I'd like to keep my options open.

iceman55

7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Good shot at either for something competitive

lalalaaaaaa

7+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm on the waitlist at Jeff, but might get in and have to make this choice too. Just wondering what you ended up deciding.