Jefferson Vs. Einstein Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMan707

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you were forced to pick either Jefferson or Einstein to interview at which would you pick and why? Thanks,

Scott

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

If you were forced to pick either Jefferson or Einstein to interview at which would you pick and why? Thanks,

Scott

If you really had to choose i would go to which one you feel safe on getting accepted after the interview, obviously both are interested. But Jefferson would be my pick because it's obviously less competitive.

I don't kno where you stand, but that's just me and how i think if i HAD to choose interview.

I would pick Einstein because I would prefer living in the Bronx to Philadelphia. That probably doesn't help you much, since it's a personal decision. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! Both of your comments help, it's just nice to run questions by other people who are going through (or have gone through) the same process.

My situation is just tough right now. Money is really tight and I've had pretty good luck getting early interviews and out of these two I've decided to pick one or the other. I'm leaning towards Einstein but it's really all still up in the air.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks guys! Both of your comments help, it's just nice to run questions by other people who are going through (or have gone through) the same process.

My situation is just tough right now. Money is really tight and I've had pretty good luck getting early interviews and out of these two I've decided to pick one or the other. I'm leaning towards Einstein but it's really all still up in the air.

Thanks,

Scott

Good luck :thumbup:

Where do you live? If money is an issue I would pick the one that's closer / easier to get to / whichever is cheaper to attend.

yes, pick the cheaper one

Pick the one that accepts a higher percentage of those they interview - statistics you can find from the usnews.com premium data and/or the MSAR. I win thread ^_^

If it helps Jefferson is in the nicest area of philadelphia. Center city and much nicer than where einstein is

Can't you just schedule them in the same week? That's what I did with some of my farther schools. One-way, cheap train-ride, another one way.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it helps Jefferson is in the nicest area of philadelphia. Center city and much nicer than where einstein is

Yeah, that's what I noticed when I was looking online as well. The area around Jeff looked beautiful.

Percy- Yeah, Im looking into doing that but Jefferson hasn't sent me my dates yet, I've had interview to be scheduled as my status for a long time.

Percy- Yeah, Im looking into doing that but Jefferson hasn't sent me my dates yet, I've had interview to be scheduled as my status for a long time.

Don't just sit around, OldMan! I chose one date for School 1, and then called up School 2 and asked if they had any dates around School 1's. Within 10 minutes, I had back-to-back interviews scheduled.

You never know what's going to happen in this crazy, crazy process. Better to maximize your chances and learn about these schools. You might just end up falling in love.

I was accepted to Jeff last cycle. I decided not to attend, but I really loved it

Einstein's in the Bronx and if city life is your thing, Jeff being smack in Center City has Einstein beat. I also moved my Jefferson interview date to months after I was invited, interview dates are usually flexible if you have a good reason.

You're absolutely right Percy! I have to jump on these schools and get this process rolling!

The real reason I asked was because I have 5 cross country interviews scheduled from august 26 - sept 13 (not including Jefferson or Einstein) and I was a little worried about spending all my interview travel money early in the season.

I'm going to do exactly what you said and get in touch with Jeff!

Thanks guys!

How are the trains on the east coast? Pretty cheap getting from major city to major city? I haven't had any experience with them and will have to look into them more tonight after work.

How are the trains on the east coast? Pretty cheap getting from major city to major city? I haven't had any experience with them and will have to look into them more tonight after work.

You will want to use megabus or a similar bus - they run around 20 bucks. Train from philly to nyc...you might go through trenton to newark to nyc through NJTransit? I'm sure there's also an amtrack option that would be much more pricy

Megabus is considerably cheaper if running around that area of the east coast from what I remember.

You guys are great!! Thank you so much, you probably just saved me an hour of searching around online.

Train is very pricey. Bus all the way.

Train is very pricey. Bus all the way.

Deffo. But buses can be chronically late, so plan accordingly. Megabus is my favorite. Bolt Bus isn't so bad either, but it's not as extensive. From NYC there's the Metro North to CT, Westchester, and their environs. Amtrak is the expensive but safe option.

Moving to school specific.

Also, for what it is worth, Jeff has a very large class size and an interview gives you a pretty good (I believe around 60%?) shot at acceptance. It is a great place, and also had the best lunch of all of the 10 interviews I went on:D

Also, if you have had the "interview scheduled" status for awhile, CALL THEM. Seriously. They juggle a lot of people. If you have a date for Einstein, tell them you're in the area and would really like to schedule that same week. I believe they interview on Wednesdays? But I don't remember.

Einstein seems to interview a ton of people (mine was on a Monday, but there were available dates on every weekday), which means the acceptance chance is lower but also they should be more flexible about scheduling you around the same date as your Jeff interview. Call their office, the admissions ladies there are super nice.

In my experience, Einstein is very flexible and accommodating regarding interview scheduling. I had another NYC interview last season, so I got in touch with them and got my interview bumped up to when I was going be there. Just let them know and see if anything can be done...I'm sure it can.

I think NYC to Philadelphia is a pretty quick and easy route. You should be able to find some fairly cheap means of getting from one to the other. Even an Amtrak ticket would only be ~$50, and a 1.5 hour or so trip. Seems totally doable.

It's probably too late for people on this forum but maybe it will help future applicants. I would absolutely not rule out a school or choose one to interview at based on the tuition. Some schools are better about giving scholarship money than others. That was the case with me- after waiting for financial aid offers, Einstein was actually a better option for me than my state medical school.

If money is an issue, you can walk from Einstein to the subway (~1 mile) then for $2.25 you can get to Penn Station which will have buses directly to Philly. If you book in advance, it could be as low as $1 but usually around $10 one way and never more than $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.