Jefferson vs Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tenzing2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was lucky to be awarded a merit scholarship at Einstein, but was really impressed with Jefferson and I love philadelphia and see myself being more happy there potentially?. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I was lucky to be awarded a merit scholarship at Einstein, but was really impressed with Jefferson and I love philadelphia and see myself being more happy there potentially?. What do you think?

What’s the difference in cost? If it’s not that much, go where you’ll be happier

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Einstein has stronger research than Jeff and smaller class size. Im leaning towards Einstein.

I would say Einstein is a slightly better school, but I would personally choose Jefferson since you think you’d be happy there and save 120k over 4 years (if I’m understanding your COA right)

That and Jeff’s location is markedly better. The Bronx is not Brooklyn or Manhattan (which are most comparable to Philly), and it’s quite a drive with traffic or a subway ride (~30 min) to get to either.

I would say Einstein is a slightly better school, but I would personally choose Jefferson since you think you’d be happy there and save 120k over 4 years (if I’m understanding your COA right)
The scholarship is for Einstein

The scholarship is for Einstein

Oh my bad misread that. That’s makes the decision tougher. In that case, I’d save the 120k and do Einstein unless you have a significant other philly, which it doesn’t sound like you do. Just my $0.02. I hate debt. It’s a bitch

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I wanted to ask about your LOR stuff. I am thinking of applying but on Jefferson's website they said that they recommend having a physics, chemistry, bio and a humanities LOR writer. did you have all of those or any of them?

Hey I wanted to ask about your LOR stuff. I am thinking of applying but on Jefferson's website they said that they recommend having a physics, chemistry, bio and a humanities LOR writer. did you have all of those or any of them?
I had 2humanities, 2 biochem, bio, 2 orgo, but not a physics.