Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

jefferson

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jbsnapple, Nov 3, 2002.

1. jbsnapple

jbsnapple Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Anybody else not hear a thing from Jefferson yet? I had everything in on August 19, and still not a word...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    they were totally unaccomodating with me when i called to see if i could find out about a decision sooner since i'm gonna be interviewing in the area.

"you have to wait till the committee emails you."

hmph!

jj

4. allan120

allan120 Member
    10+ Year Member

I got an interview request from them around mid-October, for an interview in early December. I submitted their secondary around the first week of Sept.

5. CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I hear ya I have actually called them a few times and since my app was complteted during the first week of September I feel like I have the right to ask bc they hav not emialed or snail mailed even anything to let me know the app was complete. Forever, I thought i was missing something. I dunno, maybe the other schools are just too accomodating so the ones that dont do anything seem like bastards.
    ct

6. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    For the money I paid them (what was Jefferson, $75?), their admissions office owes me a little courtesy. Jefferson is on my list of "unfriendly on the phone" schools.

7. AegisZero

AegisZero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

adcadet,
    what other schools are unfriendly on the phone?

8. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Let's see...a few rude schools:

Harvard makes you listen to a horribly long recorded message before you can talk to a human...

Pritzker makes it hard to find their admissions office number.

Someone at Einstein told me to "hang on pal" when I checked on the status of my application

Jefferson told me that my application was complete about a month ago (secondary and LORs), and then when I called recently to check on my application they told me that my app was not complete - they said that I was missing a number of LORs. I asked which LORs, and the guy told me that he'd have to check and get back to me later that day. He didn't. Two days later I called, he was out of the office, and I explained the situation. A lady asked to call me back in 30 minutes....she called back an hour later, and told me which LOR they had. When I explained that I was told that my application was "complete" over a month ago, they just told me to resent my LORs. NEVER did they even appologize for loosing my LORs. And NEVER did they appologize for the miscommunication.

On the bright side...I've had good experiences with the follwoing schools:
    U of MN (polite)
    Wake Forest (very polite)
    Mount Sinai (the lady was nice enough to officially complete my application over the phone)

9. faerichilde

faerichilde Member
    7+ Year Member

So far Jeff has only interviewed 100 of about 5000 applicants, so I don't think it's time to worry yet. The admissions staff isn't great, but the rest of the staff is, and once you are in you never have to deal with them again.

10. ShortStuff

ShortStuff a trueblue spitfire
    7+ Year Member

jefferson is the one school i have an interview with...does anyone have any advice.?? I was complete in mid-September and am interviewing on November 20! I am not sure how many more interviews i am going to get since I am a boderline candidate interms of numbers so i really want to make the most out of this one!!!

How long post-interview do you usually have to wait??

11. faerichilde

faerichilde Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed in January, was waitlisted within about 2 weeks, and was accepted from the wait list April 19th. It's a long process. Hang in there.

12. ORMDwannabe

ORMDwannabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I sent in my secondary in August and heard back from them in early September. My interview was on Sept. 30 and I was accepted on Nov. 6th (by a phone call.) So, while it takes awhile for them to read your application and schedule an interview with people, they are pretty on the ball after the interview. Hope this helps......

Bill

13. CoronaBOY

CoronaBOY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

congrat. I was wondering if you can tell us your stat...

i applied early Sept. and haven't heard from them yet...

thanks

14. ORMDwannabe

ORMDwannabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sure....

I got an 11,11,13 on the MCAT and I have about a 3.93 GPA(but it is at a state school. Not the easiest school around, but far from the most demanding.)

Bill