Jesuit vs No Religious Affiliation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CRAZYTERP, Oct 10, 2002.

1. CRAZYTERP

Resident [Any Field]
    I had posed this question earlier in the WHY SLU thread, but I am not sure if anyone read it. I figure it probably applies to all jesuit schools but I am not totally certain. Basically I wanted to ask if anyone knows what one can and cannot do at religiously affilated schools such as Georgetwon, SLU, Mount Sinai etc. Are there strict research regulations that cannot go aginst their religious tenets (ie stem cell research at Gtown)? Thanks.
    -CT

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Well I've heard that most (if not all) of these schools don't teach abortions. However, if you do some rotations at other hospitals, you can learn those procedures.

4. chypes

chypes Caffine Addict

The only thing I know about Jesuits (ie. members of the society of Jesus) is that they are some of the smartest people on earth. I dont remember exactly, but the requirements to get in are insane. I think they have to have at least one phd and speak at least one foreign language....some of them have multiple multiple phds in addition to the 6 or so years of philosophy and theology training it takes to become a priest.......absolutely insane....

5. INeedAdvice

INeedAdvice Senior Member

The Jesuits are to Roman Catholics as the Ivy Leagues are to American higher education.

Check out:
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4248&highlight=harvard ;)