JFK PsyD info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychsebs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do people know about the PsyD program in Clinical Psychology at John F Kennedy university in CA? I'm tried searching this forum but have been unable to find information. (I have an interview with them in a few weeks...very late - I know!) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you seen their match stats? If you want to get your psy.d., don't go there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe their tuition is 34,000 a year, which is high even for private PsyD schools. Although their last years match rates arent too bad it looks like:

http://www.jfku.edu/uploads/files/file-12ue65ad.pdf

Try and decipher this if youd like:

http://www.jfku.edu/uploads/files/file-1n8n5psx.pdf

yah their match rate seemed pretty good. it's definitely expensive but I was curious about what people know about their program (although any sort of feedback is good and welcome). There's been so much discussion on this forum about unis in the bay area but nothing really about jfk or the quality of their program/reputation. It looks like a pretty decent program to me.

Those I know who've been through it have liked it, I know a former dean I respect a lot, and would consider it myself if I were looking. The programs seem a little holistic to me, from what I've heard about them, but that ain't a bad thing.

It's certainly worth looking into.

JFKU has an interesting program and attracts interesting students. The class size is much smaller than most other Bay Area professional schools and this contributes strength to the program.

JFKU has an interesting program and attracts interesting students. The class size is much smaller than most other Bay Area professional schools and this contributes strength to the program.

I liked that too and I liked their course selection. What do you mean by interesting? That word can have so many meanings haha.

I attended AIU in SF - and worked with many PsyD students from JFK, Argosy, and the Wright.

The only thing I noticed about JFK students (from the one or two I've known) is they aren't strong in even basic statistical analysis and research skills.

The program seems to have great staff and coursework offerings - and certainly their match rates bode well.