JHU vs JHU Bayview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MISTERshortcoat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone could compare/contrast JHU vs JHU Bayview for me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know this also. I have heard that Bayview is the friendlier/happier program and that they are somewhat more affiliated with JHU than JHU/Sinai. Anyone know anything else...

I interviewed at both places last year and did a visiting rotation at JHU. JHU is JHU, short coats, etc. Let's just describe JHU as not touchy feely; the interns appeared happy though. Bayview is a much more touchy feely community-esque program. There is a very wide range of abilities in the house staff at Bayview. The fellows I worked with described it this way. At Bayview they assume all of the house staff are idiots until they prove themselves, it's the opposite at JHU. And you would have to prove yourself again every time you had a new fellow or attending. If you are interested in Baltimore don't forget to check out the University of Maryland.