JI visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM03NY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
COULD SOMEBODY CLARIFY THIS FOR ME PLEASE :

If get a residency program on J1 ( instead of H1, 'cos it is a better deal in the short run) will I be able to finish my fellowship before leaving US for 2 yrs ?? What fellowship I am after is probably ID/ Haematology/ Rheumatology.

What does this JI allow any IMG to do, I am sure first 3 yrs are OK, but what afterwards??:(

Members don't see this ad.

Are you married already? Seriously?

What you do is go down to the local pub, announce that you are a doctor, and marry the first dude/dudette who swarms to you.

That's how about 175,000 other practicing IMGs in the U.S. did it.

(I'm not joking. Take advantage of the J-1 thing while it's still out there, because it's gonna either get severely limited or dry-up altogether... sooner or later.)

Skip

Be serious..Come on..
SO YOU ARE SAYING GO FOR J1..???

STILL YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY Q- DOES J1 AFFECT MY CHANCES OF GETTING A FELLOWSHIP IN A DECENT PLACE??

Originally posted by IM03NY
Skip

Be serious..Come on..
SO YOU ARE SAYING GO FOR J1..???

STILL YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY Q- DOES J1 AFFECT MY CHANCES OF GETTING A FELLOWSHIP IN A DECENT PLACE??

I have no idea. I am a U.S. citizen studying in the Caribbean, and will not have this problem.

However, I can tell you that the Canadian counterparts in my class, and there are many of them, intend to employ the above tactic. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, all your visa problems magically disappear.

I'm thinking about starting a dating service down here. :D

-Skip Intro
MS2 Ross University
Portsmouth, Dominica