IM03NY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
COULD SOMEBODY CLARIFY THIS FOR ME PLEASE :

If get a residency program on J1 ( instead of H1, 'cos it is a better deal in the short run) will I be able to finish my fellowship before leaving US for 2 yrs ?? What fellowship I am after is probably ID/ Haematology/ Rheumatology.

What does this JI allow any IMG to do, I am sure first 3 yrs are OK, but what afterwards??:(

Skip Intro

15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Are you married already? Seriously?

What you do is go down to the local pub, announce that you are a doctor, and marry the first dude/dudette who swarms to you.

That's how about 175,000 other practicing IMGs in the U.S. did it.

(I'm not joking. Take advantage of the J-1 thing while it's still out there, because it's gonna either get severely limited or dry-up altogether... sooner or later.)

IM03NY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Skip

Be serious..Come on..
SO YOU ARE SAYING GO FOR J1..???

STILL YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY Q- DOES J1 AFFECT MY CHANCES OF GETTING A FELLOWSHIP IN A DECENT PLACE??

Skip Intro

15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by IM03NY
Skip

Be serious..Come on..
SO YOU ARE SAYING GO FOR J1..???

STILL YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY Q- DOES J1 AFFECT MY CHANCES OF GETTING A FELLOWSHIP IN A DECENT PLACE??

I have no idea. I am a U.S. citizen studying in the Caribbean, and will not have this problem.

However, I can tell you that the Canadian counterparts in my class, and there are many of them, intend to employ the above tactic. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, all your visa problems magically disappear.

I'm thinking about starting a dating service down here. :D

-Skip Intro
MS2 Ross University
Portsmouth, Dominica

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads