Jul 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I'm sure others have been in a position I've found myself in and could use some advice. Today I was contacted by a recruiter for a medical device company wondering if I'd be interested in a position with them. The problem is I'm applying this cycle, and the job training would last roughly until next August. If I'm accepted to school, I don't really want to be that guy that costs the company thousands of dollars to train and then bails out. On the other hand, if I don't get into school this would be a great job to have. What would/have you done in this situation?
How do you feel about your chances this year? If there is any possibility of getting an acceptance, I wouldn't do the job. It would be unfair to the company and also to you. Spend all this time training and then not really work at all? I'm sure it would be great experience, but if your focus is medical school, then that is too much of a time committment.

bigtruckguy3500

7+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2009
Texas
Status
Medical Student
I'd be honest with them and say that you'd love the opportunity, but that you have applied to medical school and you may get accepted and start and yada yada.