Denver, CO
Status
Medical Student

leonphelpss11

5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I wasn't really asking how to get a job. I was asking what job I should apply for. But illegallysmooth answered me

Thanks for the help

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You should apply to the job with the most responsibility that will take somebody that has your skillset.

Typically for a college pre-med this means CNA/ER Tech/Healthcare Partner/whateverthe****theywannacallit.

BenUstudent

BenUAlumni
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't sleep...

I just volunteer/ridealong/research/shadow/take online classes 60 hours a week since August...

I used to play WoW like 20 hours a week but now I just post on SDN instead. It's really therapeutic.

Nov 11, 2009
Colorado
Status
Medical Student
Make sure you use the restaurant experience in a positive spin! I was at a meeting one time and they gave a story about a girl who didn't put those types of job on her application because she didn't think they were of worth and then when she didn't get in, it got brought up somehow at the rejection meeting and they said she should have put it on because it shows she can juggle demands and multitasking and whatever...then she did the next year and got in! Although I'm sure there were other factors too...

she woolf

Steinem quotin' feminist
Mar 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
CNA [me]
EKG tech
PCT [requires 1yr cert. in EKG, CNA and they get paid more]
Phys. Therapist
EMT

she woolf

Steinem quotin' feminist
Mar 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't sleep...

I just volunteer/ridealong/research/shadow/take online classes 60 hours a week since August...

I used to play WoW like 20 hours a week but now I just post on SDN instead. It's really therapeutic.
Damn how do you stand online course?! :eek: I couldn't even pay attention to a 2min online demo of the online classes! :laugh: im too ADD for that mess..

Mar 8, 2010
Colorado
Status
Pre-Medical
Well I volunteer in the local hospital here in various locations, and also have a part time job in supply/transport. Transport is a great place to start, and with the supply end, I'm stocking the nurse servers in each individual room so it is great patient contact. I think if your hospital offers a job like this, it is a great place to start, especially if you don't have the CNA, tech position, certificates.

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Damn how do you stand online course?! :eek: I couldn't even pay attention to a 2min online demo of the online classes! :laugh: im too ADD for that mess..
There's no demo. It's read book->take practice quizzes-> take chapter test.