Job available NE Georgia one hour from Atlanta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gaseous Clay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would post here to see if anyone is interested in talking with me about the practice I am in. We have an immediate opening (summer start is ok) since the hospital wants to now add 2, possibly 3, more locations for us to cover. Also we have 2 retirements coming in 2017, one in the summer and the other at the end of the calendar year so we would be interested in interviewing for those times as well (CA-2 and CA-3 candidates welcome along with fellows). Please, only serious inquiries.

We are located approx 1 hour from Atlanta. It is a full partnership track (yes, we still exist) and have excellent rapport with the hospital administration, surgeons, and ancillary staff. We are a group of 10 physicians and maybe 30 or so anesthetists (mostly CRNA, a few AAs). We medically direct 100% of the time (I will do a C/S by myself if in the middle of the night but some of my partners will call someone in). We aim for a 3:1 but at times you can be 4:1. A few of the details people will want to know:

1) Salary - Would prefer to discuss privately but it is fair and competitive. Partners aim to make between 50-75% MGMA for SE region. We are paid as a W-2 with full benefits including profit sharing into 401k, medical insurance, short term disability, malpractice, CME, cell phone, etc.

2) Full partner after 2 years - I was the last hire in July 2010, we are very stable as you can see and no one has left since I've been here. Call schedule (including weekends and holidays), vacation, when you leave each day, daily schedule, has been even from day 1. We all make the same amount so there is no worry about what cases you do or what types of insurance people have for the day. I did not take call until maybe one month into practice (came straight out of residency). Our medical director is the most honest and fair person you will ever meet.

3) Call schedule - 8 call taking partners, 2 non call taking non partners as of now. The two people retiring are non call takers so there would then be 9 call takers for the immediate opening and potentially 11 at the end of 2017 though I could honestly forsee an older partner or two drop down to non-partner/non call taking status.

1st call is 15:00-07:00 Mon-Fri. Weekends are split between two people, one person does Fri-Sunday call with back up on Saturday while other does Saturday call and back up Friday and Sunday. Rare call backs on 2nd call since we have 2 anesthetists on call and we have a 3rd call anesthetist on during the weekend days from 7:00-17:00 Call on Sat and Sun are 24 hours. All call is in house and we are planning to have an anesthetist on call in house too but as of now, we are by ourselves. The 2nd call/back up call on weekdays "runs the board" where we handle all the phone calls and manipulation of the schedule. Usually you leave between 17:00-19:00 on such days. The next day you are 1st out and leave around 10:00-13:00 depending of course how busy it is.

4) Cases - all types except sick peds, neonates, and transplants. We do cardiac (all of us do) including CABG, valves, VATS, TAVR, cath lab cases, major vascular, neuro (mostly spine), OB, Endo, MRI, and of course general/ortho/urology/GYN. Anesthetists mostly do day time epidurals, we usually do epidurals after 17:00 or so and that is typically what we do at night. We have 17 main ORs, 2 ORs in OB, 6 ORs at OPSC but only utilize 2-4 each day (doc out there alone), 1-2 rooms in ENDO mostly outpatient scopes but do a fair amount of inpatients and ERCPs and EUS, 1 room cath lab mostly A fib, A flutter, VT ablations, AICDs.

Hospital is level 2 trauma, around 350-400 beds, probably around 2500 deliveries. We do not cover any other hospitals and only 1 OPSC.

5) Vacation - 1st year would probably start around 7 weeks, 2nd year around 8 weeks, and partners we currently get 11 weeks. This may change with a new hire and depending on if we allow any non-partner spots since they get slightly reduced vacation but it will be very close to those numbers.

I feel our ideal candidate would be comfortable doing all cases, especially placing epidurals, being proficient with PNBs, having cardiac experience, and maybe helping us develop an acute pain service though that is not set in stone whether we want to venture that route.

Please PM me if want to know more details, I can't possibly put everything down in the post and I'd love to talk to you if interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Bumping ... description slightly different but we are hiring for 2019. We are open to these options:
1) FT partnership track, full call
2) FT non partner, no call/weekends
3) Job share. We interviewed someone moving to our city but who only wants an avg of 3 days/week or so.

Let me know if any of you are interested in either option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Athens and we maybe looking to hire soon. Not sure if we want a call taking partnership track or a Monday-Friday no call position. Send me a PM if interested in hearing more.