Job Experience needed please give me advice!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjiang1

Enjoy your Percocet sir!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a student in college ready to go to pharm school. Im looking for a job as a pharm tech. Ive been looking applying around the my area in chain stores. However its been very difficult these guy arent clling me back. I also am not a certified tech...need advice what should i do...are there other jobs i should look into?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Get certified if you can (it's an easy test).
2. Personally visit the chain stores near your area and speak with the Pharmacy Manager (introduce yourself, say you're going to Pharm school, make small talk).
3. Volunteer at a Hospital (or whereever) and get hired later on. Or, apply as a regular cashier/clerk and look out for tech openings.
4. ???
5. Pray.

I'm in the same boat. I've been searching everywhere. I suggest applying as a regular store associate. I have an interview at CVS next week for that.....my plan is to work as a front cashier until there is an opening in the pharmacy- so my foot will be in the door. Meanwhile, I will continue volunteering at my hospital pharmacy. That way, I'll still be gaining the experience.

You should contact your local hospital and volunteer at the pharmacy because they're always eager for the extra help. You can always find another job and get still get the experience from the hospital at the same time.