• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Job market in Seattle area?

D

deleted128562

Curious what the job market is like in the Seattle area - not necessarily in the city itself but say within an hour radius (excepting the floor of the Puget Sound). Is it super competitive to get a job? Decent pay? Democratic groups vs CMG vs hospital employed more common?

I have lots of extended family in the area and love the place, could definitely see myself being happy there.

Thanks!

name?

10+ Year Member
    Apr 29, 2004
    1. Attending Physician
      Likely to get crowded fairly quickly when UW starts graduating residents. Lots of small groups, lots of team health. I think a couple other CMGs as well. There are usually a handful of jobs around the area, but like most desirable places, they dry up quickly unless it's a crappy job or location. Pay is good. Having ties to the region will help.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.