Job Market?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clement

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the job market in NYC (doesn't have to be Manhattan) and/or northern CA.

Any trends for general neuro, MS, epilepsy, movement, sleep outpatient vs inpatient consults? Doesn't have to be academic.

Not interested in hospitalist/predominantly vascular but wanted to get a sense of the rest for these geographic areas, especially for people applying from out-of-state from a medium-high caliber university residency program.

I realize I can take a peak at recruiter listings but wanted to get an unbiased real-world response from people on the lookout or with recent search experience...I don't know if I want to do fellowship. I suppose that's another way of introducing oneself to the state where one wants to practice. Generally I'm guessing fellowship in the above areas in NYC or CA are not terribly competitive.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. These are high pop density areas...300+ views anyone?

From what I hear, Manhattan is rather saturated. Stroke and neurophys fellowship will help the most when it comes to job search. A general neurologist with no fellowship training will have a harder time landing good spots in any saturated market. Pure sleep jobs are hard to find anywhere.