Job Opportunity in Santa Clarita, CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geekmania

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are currently in the process of interviewing any prospective applicants for a full-time anesthesiologist position with our all MD, anesthesia group at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital in Valencia, California ASAP! We operate at the main hospital doing general/vascular/thoracic/neuro/ortho/OB/ENT/urology/healthy peds/some trauma, and at an accompanying outpatient facility. While cardiac cases are performed at our hospital, our group currently does not provide anesthesia services for those cases. We are currently a group of 11 anesthesiologists working closely together under a unique shared payment scheme, so a team mentality is a must! We usually work one weekend a month with two to three in-house overnight calls a month. We have four weeks of vacation. There is two year buy-in to become a partner. So if you are interested in working in a pleasant, community hospital environment that is ever expanding in Santa Clarita, please contact me at (213) 308-7729or by email at andrew[email protected].
Thanks!

Andrew Aung, M.D.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you need anesthesiologists?
Any turn over of anesthesia
Tx

Bump! Just letting everyone know that the position is still available so contact us if you are interested. Thanks,

Andrew Aung, M.D.

Members don't see this ad :)
We are currently in the process of interviewing any prospective applicants for a full-time anesthesiologist position with our all MD, anesthesia group at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital in Valencia, California ASAP! We operate at the main hospital doing general/vascular/thoracic/neuro/ortho/OB/ENT/urology/healthy peds/some trauma, and at an accompanying outpatient facility. While cardiac cases are performed at our hospital, our group currently does not provide anesthesia services for those cases. We are currently a group of 11 anesthesiologists working closely together under a unique shared payment scheme, so a team mentality is a must! We usually work one weekend a month with two to three in-house overnight calls a month. We have four weeks of vacation. There is two year buy-in to become a partner. So if you are interested in working in a pleasant, community hospital environment that is ever expanding in Santa Clarita, please contact me at (213) 308-7729or by email at andrew[email protected].
Thanks!

Andrew Aung, M.D.

Absolute deal breakers. Do you see current residents - THIS is the type of crummy job offers you'll be getting. Best of luck.

Absolute deal breakers. Do you see current residents - THIS is the type of crummy job offers you'll be getting. Best of luck.

Sorry that you feel this way. Just for clarification, you don't have to buy-in if you don't want to be partner (you'll start at the same pays scale as a partner but won't have the same voting rights and financial package (3 months pay) when you leave). Our practice and salary is fairly congruent with other groups in the area. Southern California is also a desirable location...

Sorry that you feel this way. Just for clarification, you don't have to buy-in if you don't want to be partner (you'll start at the same pays scale as a partner but won't have the same voting rights and financial package (3 months pay) when you leave). Our practice and salary is fairly congruent with other groups in the area. Southern California is also a desirable location...
Yeah but Santa Clarita is not. That is a commuters nightmare (for those who do not wanna live in Santa Clarita).

Thanks!

Andrew Aung, M.D.

Do you all take 4 weeks of vacation or just some, newer docs?

Yeah but Santa Clarita is not. That is a commuters nightmare (for those who do not wanna live in Santa Clarita).

I actually live in La Crescenta (northern most suburb of Glendale), and it's actually a great commute. I'm always going against traffic and the 210 freeway is never congested. It takes me 25 minutes to get to work door-to-door.

All partners, non-partners get four weeks of PAID vacation. This is due to our unique and transparent pay structure where we share the pot. I would challenge anyone to find a practice these days where an incoming anesthesiologist get paid the same and works just as much as a long-standing partner...

I actually live in La Crescenta (northern most suburb of Glendale), and it's actually a great commute. I'm always going against traffic and the 210 freeway is never congested. It takes me 25 minutes to get to work door-to-door.
Sounds fine to me. But most people do not consider living in La Cresecnta (northern most suburb of Glendale) a desirable location of Southern California when discussing competitive markets for anesthesiology. Hence why you are advertising on SDN.

Sounds fine to me. But most people do not consider living in La Cresecnta (northern most suburb of Glendale) a desirable location of Southern California when discussing competitive markets for anesthesiology. Hence why you are advertising on SDN.
Really?
Someone posts a job opportunity here and you diss the location?
That is classless.

Reactions: 2 users
Really?
That is classless.

I completely agree. Also why not post a job here? There are numerous Attendings, Fellows, and Residents always on the look out for a job. In my practice, we have 3 out of 10 over 60 (a 4th is almost 60 and has brought up the idea of job sharing). We will need to find a few MDs soon. When that happens, I would certainly consider posting here since it is FREE and there is a large audience. Does that make it a crummy job? I was the last hire over 5 years ago, I think it is a pretty good job overall.

Really?
That is classless.
Hmm. Maybe read my post again. I like that part of CA. Lived near there for a bit. It's just not considered a super competitive part of CA to get a job as a physician.

Hmm. Maybe read my post again. I like that part of CA. Lived near there for a bit. It's just not considered a super competitive part of CA to get a job as a physician.

OP never said it was in a competitve location, just that it's in a desirable location. Let's be real, there's plenty of people that would love to live in Southern CA, ie, the weather. I agree with above, let's ease up on people offering job opportunities.