job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComplexPuzzle

shakin dat a**
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the Baltimore area know of any research positions open. I desperately need a job and money. Credit cards maxed. Bank account cashed out. And more bills than I know what to do. I think I'm gonna go crazy if I don't find work soon. Did you know that not even the local video store will hire me? How sad is that?:(

Members don't see this ad.

Baltimore has some major research institutes in it and nearby. The NIH isn't THAT far and Johns Hopkins are good examples. Especially if you already have a Biology degree I would call their offices and see if there are any positions open. Maybe even put in an application or five for positions that may be opening for things like lab technician. The grad student I work with now was a lab tech at the NIH for 5 years after he got his bachelor's degree.

Don't come up to Delaware, there's nothing here. It took me years to find this job I'm in now!

i have had very little luck with Human Resources Departments at large institutions (i.e. med schools, hospitals, research facilities...)

but i have had some luck with sending my resume directly to people with whom i want to work. so you might want to consider looking at research interests at JH or NIH and sending your resume via email to some of those people.

i have had some good responses. and some people (if they don't have an open position) will forward your resume on to another person that does have a position.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
you should not go through human resources!! go to a school's web site- find a person you want to work for and email him. that's what i had to do.

I had a friend who spent a year at NIH, and he lived in D.C half the time and balitmore the other half. He enjoyed it. I would recomend checking it out. It also surely will llook good on an app.