1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Jobs for a Biology Major

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by iceman132, Aug 17, 2011.

1. iceman132

iceman132 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Probably the easiest job to find would be a research tech / research assistant position at your university.

4. ponyo

ponyo 人魚姫
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Didn't feel like going through that whole thread, but there are lots of biotech & pharm companies that actually pay quite a bit, at least compared to positions in academia.

5. TheMightySmiter

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Janitor? McDonald's Burger Assembler Extraordinaire? :D

I think the most common thing to do is become a lab tech or research assistant. I, personally, would look into biotech consulting jobs. You can probably make more money than as a lab tech, and the work will be more interesting (IMO).

6. ABQ9988

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I love my job as a Clinical Research Coordinator, however, full time positions usually require minimum of 1 year experience with clinical studies.

7. JESSFALLING

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Find a business job that hires non-business majors. The experience will help you out later in life. You can also try applying for entry-level training at a food production company (tyson, cargill, etc...)

8. FattySlug

7+ Year Member

I am working as a junior accountant. The pay is slightly higher that tech lab position that I could find around OC area. So yea whatever works man. You don't have to use your degree if you have it.

On another note, I wonder if working in restaurant being looked down on? It makes quite a bit of money with tips and I was seriously considering it after graduation. It probably doesn't look very good on apps but if you want to save up for application that is an option.

9. PinkpanthaMD

Removed

Pre-Medical

These days this is actually not far from the truth. Lab jobs with a BS requirement pays $13-$15/hr. What a shame!!!