Jobs in Boston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATORANALYST

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two friends from Boston, both were attendings. One at Cambridge Health Alliance the other at Longwood. The one from Cambridge said that Boston is incredibly competitive and very difficult to find a job in psychiatry since there are so many psychiatrists. The other from Longwood said that since there are so many hospitals in Boston and outside of Boston there are plenty of jobs salaries ranging from 160k to 200k for general psych.

I plan on relocating to Boston when done with residency. I don't really know anyone in the area but plan on doing a 3 year partine advanced training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy at the Boston Psychoanalytic institute.

Could anyone share a little about the job opportunity in the Boston area. Is it good or bad.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I see jobs in Massachusetts all the time in my psych throw away newspapers. In particular, Cambridge Health Alliance has been advertising for positions for at least several months now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see jobs in Massachusetts all the time in my psych throw away newspapers. In particular, Cambridge Health Alliance has been advertising for positions for at least several months now.

Yeah,
I did see those positions listed on the APA website.
Thanks

Jobs come available every year just because of the sheer number of positions and the turnover of recent grads who wanted to stay close to the nest for a year or so and are finally ready to spread their wings and move away.

Most of these jobs are NOT advertised specifically. Send a letter of interest and CV to the chairs of department where you have an interest in working. If you have a mentor who knows anyone in Boston, a phone call can be helpful.

Which state forces you to see medicare/medicaid in order to maintain a license? That would be Mass... I advise you to find another place to practice.:bullcrap: