1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

JohnDean (or anyone else) how was WVSOM?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by realruby2000, Oct 1, 2001.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an interview with WVSOM on wed...if anyone has interviewed there, would you mind sharing your experience? How was the town? what about the schoool? Was the interview rough? what did they ask?
    thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Billie

Billie An Oldie but a Goodie...
    10+ Year Member

Howdy!

I hope JohnDean replies since he was just there, but since your interview is only a couple of days away, I wanted to respond too just in case you needed some quick notes.

I doubt that the interviews have changed much though I admit mine was 4 years ago, but usually they don't last long. Sometimes just 20 minutes or less. They usually don't ask you any hard questions. They will ask you why you want to go to an Osteopathic school. Do you know what Osteopathy is? Have you ever seen manipulation done? Do you know any history of Andrew Taylor Still? etc etc

The only thing that they asked me that I wondered about afterwards was sort of an "ethics" scenario. What if I had a patient that refused my tx and was non-compliant, what would I do? After I answered, they kept asking me, "well what would you do then?" Or..."if she still refused tx, what would you do then" This went on and on and I never was quite sure what they were trying to get at. Maybe just to see how I reacted to pressure? Though I was feeling very cocky that day and felt nooo pressure, so it didn't matter what they said to me, I was sure of my answer.

The rest of the day is tours of the school, lunch, talks with the financial aid people, clinical ed people, you get to sit in on some classes etc etc. I found it to be a long day but a fun day.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here or e-mail! :D

Billie