Johns Hopkins, GWU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do either of these programs use student hosts?

Do they send you info about it or do you have to specifically request something?

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Baylor21,

BTW, I just wanted to tell you that I'm a big fan of yours :) !

Johns Hopkins does have student hosts, which they tell you about in the interview letter. (although you have to look pretty hard to find it, I initially missed it, so when I finally contacted someone it was too late). I ended up staying in Reed Hall, their dormitory. It was a nice place (a little old, check out the elevator!) but very conveniently located. Best of luck, I hope you like JHU, I like it very much... perhaps too much, 'cause now I'll feel pretty sad if I don't get in :T .

About GW, I don't recall reading anything about student hosting. Interesting though, when I was there last tuesday, and they cancelled my interview due to the tragedy, at least 3 students (strangers) came up to me (I guess I stuck out like a sore thumb in my suit) and offered to let me sleep in their place for the night if I was travelling from out of town. Really nice of them I thought!

Best of luck, and I hope you do great in your interviews!

Chunk-ee

OK, thanks for the info.

I'm interviewing for MD/PhD at Hopkins, so I think they sent me a different interview letter than for the normal MD program. It doesnt say anything about student hosts.

However, when I called awhile back to confirm the interview date, the MD/PhD administrator said something about it and that I should be getting something, but I never did. Guess I'll just have to call back and ask specifically.

Thanks for the compliment, I really dont know how I acquired such a huge fan base :D