Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Johns Hopkins, GWU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hopkins2010, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

Do either of these programs use student hosts?

Do they send you info about it or do you have to specifically request something?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chunk-ee

Chunk-ee Member

Dear Baylor21,

BTW, I just wanted to tell you that I'm a big fan of yours :) !

Johns Hopkins does have student hosts, which they tell you about in the interview letter. (although you have to look pretty hard to find it, I initially missed it, so when I finally contacted someone it was too late). I ended up staying in Reed Hall, their dormitory. It was a nice place (a little old, check out the elevator!) but very conveniently located. Best of luck, I hope you like JHU, I like it very much... perhaps too much, 'cause now I'll feel pretty sad if I don't get in :T .

About GW, I don't recall reading anything about student hosting. Interesting though, when I was there last tuesday, and they cancelled my interview due to the tragedy, at least 3 students (strangers) came up to me (I guess I stuck out like a sore thumb in my suit) and offered to let me sleep in their place for the night if I was travelling from out of town. Really nice of them I thought!

Best of luck, and I hope you do great in your interviews!

Chunk-ee

4. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

OK, thanks for the info.

I'm interviewing for MD/PhD at Hopkins, so I think they sent me a different interview letter than for the normal MD program. It doesnt say anything about student hosts.

However, when I called awhile back to confirm the interview date, the MD/PhD administrator said something about it and that I should be getting something, but I never did. Guess I'll just have to call back and ask specifically.

Thanks for the compliment, I really dont know how I acquired such a huge fan base :D