Johns Hopkins MS Biotechnology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angel dust

Pre-Dental Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted into the AAP MS biotechnology program at Johns Hopkins. Was wondering if anyone had completed the program or is currently in it. I had questions about whether or not it is worth paying so much, and how intense it is. any info on the program is appreciated.thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Hopkins is a really good school but if you plan on going to dental school, it is really too expensive and there are a lot of other cheaper options in Maryland, Towson, UMD, all the UMD satellite campuses, and tons others. My cousin goes to JHU right now for undergrad and loves it but I'm sure the program is intense as it is a really tough school to get into. I don't think they mess around.

dexadental said:
Hopkins is a really good school but if you plan on going to dental school, it is really too expensive and there are a lot of other cheaper options in Maryland, Towson, UMD, all the UMD satellite campuses, and tons others. My cousin goes to JHU right now for undergrad and loves it but I'm sure the program is intense as it is a really tough school to get into. I don't think they mess around.

Yeah, i was thinking that it was real expensive too. more expensive since i'm moving from jersey. I went to a mediocre undergrad school, and i was hoping to go to a pretty good graduate school, to make up for the lack luster performance as well. so far i'm in JHU and the grad prog. at my undergrad college. As far as the money goes, the tuition is just about the same for both. 20 something thous. for JHU and 13 for my undergrad. still kinda shocked i got inthough :)