Johns Hopkins Pharmacy Summer Internship 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stonefan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I wanted to create this thread to talk about the application process. And hopefully past interns can share their advice and wisdom with the applicants? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything yet about interview requests?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, P2 at Texas A&M here. I received an interview offer through email on Dec 23rd... My phone interview's set for tomorrow morning... Pretty nervous... O_O

Reactions: 1 user
Ask them if Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital will be converting to Epic in the near future. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hi all! I'm a P2 at Hampton and was extended an interview via email on 12/22. Had my interview the 1st week in January. Took about 30 minutes and it was not as bad as I had heard about in the past. Best wishes to all who were/are being interviewed!

Was just curious if anyone has gotten a response yet. At the end of my interview they told me selections were going to be made by the first week of February (I thought at least). Did they tell anyone else this? Or are we still expecting to hear back by the end of February? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Was just curious if anyone has gotten a response yet. At the end of my interview they told me selections were going to be made by the first week of February (I thought at least). Did they tell anyone else this? Or are we still expecting to hear back by the end of February? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I was starting to get nervous myself! I was told the first or second week of February. My interview was Jan 5. I haven't heard anything back yet but fingers are still crossed.

from the past years, it looks like people received phone calls around Feb. 18th;; maybe we'll hear it this week and if not, maybe until 3rd full week of Feb! I think they call depending on the departments first, so some ppl get calls earlier than others....i'm so nervous i hope i got in, but my interview went terribly wrong :(

So my friend received her call yesterday offering her a position. I am still anxiously awaiting ANY kind of response at this point. Anyone else gotten a phone call or email yet?

One of the offsite locations. I am not sure which one though. I do know we ranked completely different units.

I have heard that based on the unit they will call at different times. Sometimes the preceptor you will be paired with with call you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
So my friend received her call yesterday offering her a position. I am still anxiously awaiting ANY kind of response at this point. Anyone else gotten a phone call or email yet?

Thanks for the heads up! I think by now if you haven't gotten the "no" response either you are accepted or on waiting list in case someone declines. I heard they do it by department and sometimes it takes more time (I saw latest as March 1st). Hopefully we all will receive good news soon!

Would u be able to tell me around what time your friend received her call? Like in the morning or afternoon or late night? And what area code bc I've been strangely getting spam calls from random numbers and I pick up excited but sikeeeeee it was a spam LOL

Thanks for the heads up! I think by now if you haven't gotten the "no" response either you are accepted or on waiting list in case someone declines. I heard they do it by department and sometimes it takes more time (I saw as lastest as March 1st). Hopefully we all will receive good news soon!

Would u be able to tell me around what time your friend received her call? Like in the morning or afternoon or late night? And what area code bc I've been strangely getting spam calls from random numbers and I pick up excited but sikeeeeee it was a spam LOL

It was in the afternoon with a Baltimore area code. The anticipation is so much more now knowing they are calling. Every time my phone rings or email notification goes off I get excited. I just can't take it anymore! lol.

I got an offer in pediatric inpatient on Thursday! So excited!!!

Ahhhhhh do you have any suggestions on what to prepare for or know before I get myself in there? O_O

Ahhhhhh do you have any suggestions on what to prepare for or know before I get myself in there? O_O

I think that question would be best answered by the preceptor. I wouldn't want to give you bad information. Just be prepared to work hard on some neat things. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got a call yesterday. I didn't get my site assignment yet (Irish said she would have it by Friday) but I'm hoping it's one of my top 3. Did everyone else who was offered a position get one of their top 3 choices?

I got a call yesterday. I didn't get my site assignment yet (Irish said she would have it by Friday) but I'm hoping it's one of my top 3. Did everyone else who was offered a position get one of their top 3 choices?

Did you get the impression they are still making phone calls? Or did it seem like they are done? I'm just ready to have a yes or no answer :)

Did you get the impression they are still making phone calls? Or did it seem like they are done? I'm just ready to have a yes or no answer :)

I'm not even sure. She called around 3 so I had the impression that since she got straight to the point she had others to call

Congrats to all who were accepted! I was offered a position as well. Does anyone know when they'll send us the information packet/housing info? Thanks in advance

I'm not even sure. She called around 3 so I had the impression that since she got straight to the point she had others to call

Thank you for the info! Congrats btw! Trying to figure out why they haven't just sent out a no if that's the answer, but it's all good-just a long process.

Congrats to all who were accepted! I was offered a position as well. Does anyone know when they'll send us the information packet/housing info? Thanks in advance
I think Irish said it should be sent through email in about a week or 2!

I also received a call on February 16 but I haven't received any information about housing. It's about 2 weeks now, should I reach out to them? Is anyone else in the same boat?

I also received a call on February 16 but I haven't received any information about housing. It's about 2 weeks now, should I reach out to them? Is anyone else in the same boat?

I'm on the same boat as well, I called her last week or the previous and she said that she's still finalizing the intern class. Once she's finished with that she said the info would be sent out. Probably wouldn't hurt if you followed up with her though!

Reactions: 2 users
I know this is really early but has anyone not from Maryland started (or is considering starting) the application process to be licensed as an intern in Maryland? Irish hasn't sent us our info yet but they wanted us to have everything submitted by the end of March so I just wasn't sure if anyone was considering starting the process prior to her contacting us. Thanks all

I think the hold up for everyone getting the complete intern packets is me.. I am supposed to be one of the Administration interns and she is still waiting on my approval through the department to make sure there will be someone on site to act as my preceptor for the program. I spoke with her on 3/2 and she said once she gets the approval which should be definitely by the end of this week everyone will receive their information at the same time.

Regarding the intern license I am going to go ahead and look into applying for the MD intern license without corresponding with her. I mean, it can't hurt either way right?

Ahh gotcha, cool thanks for the heads up. I'll get to work on that as well.