Johns Hopkins secondary questions - ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ranger47

Doctor G
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says, "List your major unpaid extracurricular activities, hobbies, interests, and travel following entrance to college, and indicate your degree of involvement"

So does that mean not to put stuff we put on AMCAS, i.e. volunteer, research etc.? Anyone know for sure? I tried to find an email address for admissions there wasn't one on their website. Gracias!

Members don't see this ad.

you already got a 2ndary? wow, you must be goood.

CaptainJack02 said:
you already got a 2ndary? wow, you must be goood.
Its online so you can fill it out whenever. Everyone has to fill it out. Same with Washington U, Baylor, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got an answer for me?

columbia p&s is online too, you can start once you've submitted your amcas, with your amcas id. the wash u one is really short, no essays on why you want to go to the school or anything like that....

what are all the schools that have their secondaries available now online? could someone list them?

wends said:
columbia p&s is online too, you can start once you've submitted your amcas, with your amcas id. the wash u one is really short, no essays on why you want to go to the school or anything like that....

Did you notice with Columbia that you have to pick matriculation year 2004? That has to be a mistake...

Treg

i didnt see a date for the matriculation date, but it did say that you had to have applied through amcas first to get into the online secondary, and since this is the first year columbia is going through amcas, i assume its for 2005

Ranger47 -

The answer to your original question is as follows. You should list any activity that you would like to be highlighted for the admission committee. This includes items listed on the AMCAS. When I filled out the secondary last year, every single thing I listed was already on my AMCAS. I wish you the best of luck in your application. :luck:

Jon

Johns Hopkins Class of 2008

Well on AMCAS I put all schools stuff (research, volunteer, etc). It sounds like that question is more hobbies, interests, etc outside of school. I have tons of that I didn't put on AMCAS

Ones I know are online and everyone has to fill them out:
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Wash U

Yale's is also online and you can fill it out whenever.

Ranger47 said:
Well on AMCAS I put all schools stuff (research, volunteer, etc). It sounds like that question is more hobbies, interests, etc outside of school. I have tons of that I didn't put on AMCAS
I think you should include everything you listed on AMCAS, and then add to that group activities if you want. Last year I only listed what was on my AMCAS, and I somehow managed to get accepted. Good luck.

Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the help!