Johns Hopkins secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ggt187

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the address to send my secondary. Can anyone help me out here? Also, are we supposed to include are online payment receipt with the application? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

ggt187 said:
I can't seem to find the address to send my secondary. Can anyone help me out here? Also, are we supposed to include are online payment receipt with the application? Thanks.

Send it to:

Committee on Admission
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Admissions Office, Broadway Research Building
733 N. Broadway, Suite G49
Baltimore, MD 21205

This address is on the appliction home page. I printed the online payment receipt and mailed it in w/ my secondary.

FYI, I received an e-mail today acknowledging Hopkins received my secondary...a cool three weeks after I mailed it off.

Now, if my school would send my LORS...

Members don't see this ad :)
When I printed the PDF of the application, it printed out the MD/PhD supplement with my name and social security number on the pages even though I'm not applying for it. Did this happen to everyone? I'm guessing we just don't mail that in?

JennyL867 said:
When I printed the PDF of the application, it printed out the MD/PhD supplement with my name and social security number on the pages even though I'm not applying for it. Did this happen to everyone? I'm guessing we just don't mail that in?
That's funny...I'm mailing my "supplement" simply because it says right on it that it "must" be included. It doesn't say only if you want to apply for MDPhD, it says "must". That scared me enough that I am including the two blank pages that constitute the supplement.

i'm just going to send them, might as well. 2 pages are not going to cost much more right?

dude these fees are piling up :(

Indryd said:
That's funny...I'm mailing my "supplement" simply because it says right on it that it "must" be included. It doesn't say only if you want to apply for MDPhD, it says "must". That scared me enough that I am including the two blank pages that constitute the supplement.

I didn't mail the extra 2 pages... I figured that the people at Hopkins aren't that stupid. I don't think they would reject my app for not sending the useless Md/PhD supplement.

Punisher said:
I didn't mail the extra 2 pages... I figured that the people at Hopkins aren't that stupid. I don't think they would reject my app for not sending the useless Md/PhD supplement.

Ok I didn't see the "must" part so I didn't include the extra 2 pages either. I had wondered this a few weeks ago when I sent in my app so I called the admissions office and the lady I spoke to said it was fine. Hopefully she's tellin the truth... :rolleyes:

tweetledee said:
Ok I didn't see the "must" part so I didn't include the extra 2 pages either. I had wondered this a few weeks ago when I sent in my app so I called the admissions office and the lady I spoke to said it was fine. Hopefully she's tellin the truth... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'm sure they don't want it. But wouldn't i just hate to get the letter: "Because you ignored the clear statement that you MUST return those two damn pages, we are rejecting you, and forwarding this information about your ability to follow instructions to all the schools you applied to."

That would suck arse.

Indryd said:
Yeah, I'm sure they don't want it. But wouldn't i just hate to get the letter: "Because you ignored the clear statement that you MUST return those two damn pages, we are rejecting you, and forwarding this information about your ability to follow instructions to all the schools you applied to."

That would suck arse.

I am assuming these are the "must" instructions being referred to:
"To be completed as a supplement to the application for admission to medical school. Complete this section ONLY if you are interested in the combined program. This supplement must be filed with the application to medical school. If you like, you can create your essays in a word processor and then cut and paste your response into the essay box. Please do not use tabs or hard returns."

So, according to this, I think only if you're applying for MD-PHD does the supplement have to be filed with the application to medical school as opposed to sending it in separately. This is what I think is most likely the case and what I am telling myself so I don't have a panic attack
:eek: :rolleyes:

Just to calm anyone's nerves who might be worried about not including the MD/PhD supplement, I called the admissions office to make sure, and they said that you do NOT have to include it.