Johns Hopkins SIP/St. Jude's POE Summer Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhillyDoc123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here gotten accepted to these programs yet? I got on the waitlist for Hopkins and I haven't heard from St. Jude yet, though the director said she would be through the bulk of them by the end of this week.

Also...has anyone actually gotten off the waitlist from Hopkins? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

waitlist for which SIP program? bloomberg? basic science? pulmonary? just curious. and yes people have gotten off the waitlist to my knowledge (bloomberg i think). ive spoken to ms cathy at a few conferences and i think shes mentioned it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on here gotten accepted to these programs yet? I got on the waitlist for Hopkins and I haven't heard from St. Jude yet, though the director said she would be through the bulk of them by the end of this week.

Also...has anyone actually gotten off the waitlist from Hopkins? :eek:
POE does silent rejections, fyi.

I'll be doing POE this year. Much to my surprise, I was accepted and placed a couple weeks before the application deadline. If you're interested in this program, I'd recommend getting in touch w/ the director. I tried to communicate w/her by e-mail once every couple of weeks or so just to express my interest and keep my name fresh in her mind (don't know if this had any influence on my acceptance or not). Also, if you haven't taken organic and biochem, I wouldn't get my hopes up. She stressed the importance of this in our acceptance letter. Good luck

congrats on the waitlist PhillyDoc123. i was rejected by the hopkins sip site, which is sad since it was one of my top choices. do you think you would be willing to give a general idea of your stats? i'm just curious about the kind of people that have the potential to be accepted, since i was rejected fairly early in the process.

I'll be doing POE this year. Much to my surprise, I was accepted and placed a couple weeks before the application deadline. If you're interested in this program, I'd recommend getting in touch w/ the director. I tried to communicate w/her by e-mail once every couple of weeks or so just to express my interest and keep my name fresh in her mind (don't know if this had any influence on my acceptance or not). Also, if you haven't taken organic and biochem, I wouldn't get my hopes up. She stressed the importance of this in our acceptance letter. Good luck
:laugh:That explains it!

ehhh. I mean, my stats aren't like phenomenal.

I'm a junior at an ivy league...little more than 3.7 gpa. I do have about 2 years of lab research, though, with a paper under review. I had a rec from my PI and one from another PI whom I collaborated with on the paper.

My main point in my personal statement was that I would like to do more research in the public health field, rather than more bench research in the basic sciences.

I really hope I get in! :(

Anyone else doing POE?