Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3aliyah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone at Hopkins? If so, could you please tell me about your experience there (i.e. what the adcom is like, environment, etc)

Thank u!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 1st year at Hopkins and I love it! Let me reassure you...all the rumors about Hopkins being competitive are totally unwarranted. In fact, I have found it to be the exact opposite. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to help at any time.

The interview process is fairly relaxed. All of my questions were directly related to the secondary application. Visit <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com</a> for other applicants' interview experiences. Typically the adcom is more interested in what makes you unique rather than your undergrad institution, etc.

Specifically what do you want to know?

Best Wishes

Bonz,
I was wondering if you know anything about the summer course in anatomy for undergrads offered by the school of medicine. I already know the basics (4hrs, taught by the faculty of the Center for Functional Anatomy and Evolution, etc.), but I was just curious as to whether or not you have heard about it (only in its second year) and, if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Charlie

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, what kind of students does Hopkins look for? Traditional/Nontrad, what's the avg. age of incoming students? Thanks!

I'm a second year student @ Hopkins... it's a fabulous place.

I don't know much about the summer anatomy course, other than it doesn't go into the same level of detail that is expected of first year students.

To answer anacapa's questions, I think Hopkins looks for the same thing as other schools... well-rounded students who will add depth to the class. My class ('04) is a little older... lots of people took 1-2 years off after college and did *amazing* things. The first year class is younger... I think most of them came straight out of college. I think it's fair to say that non-trad applicants are on a level playing field with the pre-med college seniors.

Please feel free to e-mail me if anyone has questions about Hopkins... [email protected].

Cheers,
doepug