Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arista.MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received anything from Johns Hopkins? My application page only says submitted but I have not received an e-mail from them related to the application submitted through the mail. Should I wait longer or just call them?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There's nothing wrong with calling them to see if your file is complete. They were very silent with me last year, I think I called them a couple times, and it turned out I was on "hold". Not that you're on hold yet, but you shouldn't be afraid to call and ask for your application status.

Good luck!

I submitted my Hopkins secondary online on 7/29 and sent the paper copy by mail shortly thereafter. I was verified as complete on 8/21 (by email).

Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I guess it just takes them for ever to process applications. They haven't even downloaded my AMCAS yet.
I am afraid of calling because the person that aswers the phone is not very friendly.

Originally posted by dana-doc
I am afraid of calling because the person that aswers the phone is not very friendly.

With this I completely agree. I found the staff at Harvard to be similarly unfriendly. Makes you wonder whether those are the sorts of places you'd want to be? Before I get flamed, the people who attend those schools tell me that those people are very nice to the current students. Is this a result of the cheerleader factor? I'm unsure. Nevertheless, call and ask politely and insist that you get some kind of answer. It is completely possible that your file could NOT be complete due to an issue with the mail service or something out of your control. These things need to be fixed ASAP, or you could get overlooked.

Good luck!

This is a little strange for me. I received from Hopkins e-mail that they got my application. I applied for MD/PHD program and of course I called the MD/PHD program to see what was going on with my application. The lady was super nice, but she told me she has no information on my file and that I should call the medical school again to what happened. I thought that the MD/PHD applications were reviewed separate from the MD applications. :eek:

Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks.

The exact way applications are processed totally depends on the school. Sometimes the MD/PhD applications go through the MD office and are forwarded over.

You should just do what they say and see if you can it straightened out. You aren't going to be penalized for being on top of things.