blissonearth

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi Friends,

I joined the other forum started by beinghuman for a while, but I could not find it anywhere in the SDN.

I had scheduled my exam on May 26th, 2010.

If you are taking exam in May/June/July, please join this forum to discuss about the preparation, questions in doubts etc.

Please don't ask anything like : "where do I start, what book I should read, etc"

We can discusss what we have read, the troubles in studying etc.. and keep motivating each other, which part have you read, etc

Thank you!

blissonearth

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I will start by collecting valuable info for the exam :
What cancer has the best prognosis in USA?
Colon, lung, pancreas, stomach, thorax

In Candida, which cells do we see?
Mast cells, basophilic, Eosinophilic

What TMJ ligament runs from glenoid fossa to neck of TMJ passing the disk?
Capsular , glenoid or condylar?

What tooth most likely to get into maxillary sinus during extraction?
Maxillary first premolar, second premolar or first molar?

Which is most likely to have atherosclerosis?
Leg vein, pulmonary vein, portal vein, aorta, coronary, carotid and iliac artery

Which maxillary tooth has the highest distal inclination?
Central incisor, lateral incisor, canine, first premolar, second premolar, first molar?

What teeth are most straight? (Have least distal or mesial inclination)

Is lung fibrosis anthracosis or silicosis?

Are gap junctions in multi-unit smooth muscles?

Is the submandibular duct directly under mucous membrane?

Does thave loose connective tissue or dense irregular?he reticular layer

Does Triglycerides form micelles in water?
1.ans:colon
2.ans:capsular
3.ans:first molar(mostly palatal root)
4.ans:coronary
5.ans:canine(check once again)
6.ansremolars
7.ans:anthracosis
8.ans:gap junctions are singificance of smooth muscles(multi unit...i m confused)
9.ans:
10.ansense irregular(dense regular is found only in tendons ligament n cornea)

Feb 5, 2010
Status
Dentist
Count me in...
I am planning to give exam in mid may.
Hey blissonearth did u manage to finish course once?
I hv loads of work to be done :(

blissonearth

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Count me in...
I am planning to give exam in mid may.
Hey blissonearth did u manage to finish course once?
I hv loads of work to be done :(
Hi mosaicthoughts, no, I haven't finished the whole course. I know. I am in the same boat as you. I finished reading biochemistry and physiology, from first aid, now working on the decks. I watched acland anatomy movies, now working on the goljan pathology lectures audio and writing the transcript at the same time searching on wiki for additional info. I am very slow....

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hi mosaicthoughts, no, I haven't finished the whole course. I know. I am in the same boat as you. I finished reading biochemistry and physiology, from first aid, now working on the decks. I watched acland anatomy movies, now working on the goljan pathology lectures audio and writing the transcript at the same time searching on wiki for additional info. I am very slow....
Hi blissonearth..
even Im planning to give my exam in May end..I have started with biochemistry coz i feel its volatile sub..Do u think I ll able to finish by May end?..Im getting tensed!!!

blue07

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'd like to join! Lets get studyin guys!

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Thanx buddy...I have started with enzymes...hoping to finish it by evening

dr niki

7+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2010
Status
Dentist
Someone posted on the private message asking how many hours I study a day. It all depends, but average about 7-8 hours a day. On the weekends, I study less hours because I am catching up my family laundry (have 2 little kids, 6 and 3 yo).and organize the house.

hey blissonearth..good to be back..
iv started with patho..really heavy..
shud finish it by weekend..
taking exam arnd mid-may..
too much left to do...:(

Mar 23, 2010
Status
Dentist
Someone posted on the private message asking how many hours I study a day. It all depends, but average about 7-8 hours a day. On the weekends, I study less hours because I am catching up my family laundry (have 2 little kids, 6 and 3 yo).and organize the house.
Hi Blissonearth,
How do u manage to get 7-8 hrs/day, with two kids?? I have one but hardly manage to read 5 hr. wOw u inspire me!!

blissonearth

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi Blissonearth,
How do u manage to get 7-8 hrs/day, with two kids?? I have one but hardly manage to read 5 hr. wOw u inspire me!!
I tried so hard. The kids go to preschool (they are 3 and the 6 goes to kindergarten) in the morning, after I drop them to school, I went home, ignored all the mess around the house, study from 10 - 1 pm, then I cleaned up the house from their mess, AND my husband's mess, went to make milk, pick them up from school, bring them back home, it depends if they have any activities after school, then cook dinner, bath them, feed them, clean up, at dinner, then I have to put my older daughter to bed, read her book, brush her teeth, while my husband takes care of the other one.When everyone is sleeping, usually I start to study again at 10 pm until 2.... :) But not every day, because then I got so sleepy and tired... sometimes, I take nap for 45 minutes before I pick them up from school.

On Sunday, my daughter has sunday school, I went to drop her off, at 10.30 am, went to the nearest cafe, read my material, pick her up at 1.30 pm, then went home, the same thing at night, I study at 9 pm until 1 am.

I am a walking zombie..... :)

taha

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Dentist
I tried so hard. The kids go to preschool (they are 3 and the 6 goes to kindergarten) in the morning, after I drop them to school, I went home, ignored all the mess around the house, study from 10 - 1 pm, then I cleaned up the house from their mess, AND my husband's mess, went to make milk, pick them up from school, bring them back home, it depends if they have any activities after school, then cook dinner, bath them, feed them, clean up, at dinner, then I have to put my older daughter to bed, read her book, brush her teeth, while my husband takes care of the other one.When everyone is sleeping, usually I start to study again at 10 pm until 2.... :) But not every day, because then I got so sleepy and tired... sometimes, I take nap for 45 minutes before I pick them up from school.

On Sunday, my daughter has sunday school, I went to drop her off, at 10.30 am, went to the nearest cafe, read my material, pick her up at 1.30 pm, then went home, the same thing at night, I study at 9 pm until 1 am.

wow u have really inspired me now I'm going crazy here with 2 kids aged 4 who goes to preschool for 2 hr n lil baby 1 hr who is all over the place but now looking at ur study schedule lemme try doing the same thing ....

taha

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Dentist

hi there wow u have really inspired me coz i was thinking it was impossible with 2 kids aged 4 n 1 yrs but after looking at ur study schedule lemme try doing the same thing thanx

Dec 16, 2009
Status
Hi planning to gibe the exam in mid july started wid some subjects....almost finished wid anatomy, DA studying physiologynow planning to start wid biochem next week....

Mar 10, 2010
Status
Dentist
hi blissonearth,
felt very inspired to see the way u balance personal life n study time..hats off to you !! am sure u will get great scores.. am with u.any doubts,u can ask me ..:) god bless ya

missy88

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2008
Status
Dental Student
hey can anyone answer those questions mentioned above?

everyone help !

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Dental Student

true inspiration...good job....

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Texas
Status
Dentist
1) this is not the place to be soliciting study materials. Keep the ads to the classifieds section.

2) Goljan audio materials is not the be distributed as it breaks copyright laws.

3) there is already a dedicated study/study partner thread at the top of this section of the forum.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.