Join me in Europe and/or Kenya?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hank

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone-

Hope all is well where ever your paths have taken you! I am getting ready to get my summer plans in order and just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in joining me for part/all of the time?

Here's my tentative itinerary:

Depart Indy May 5th to Amsterdam RT Flight ~$500
Amsterdam to Barcelona and back RT Flight $229 (train=$280
Depart Amsterdam May 14th to Nairobi, Kenya
Return from Kenya mid-July

The flight to Nairobi includes the stop in Amsterdam, so I got info about flying to just Amsterdam RT. So basically between 5/5 and 5/14 we could split time between Barcelona and Amsterdam, preferably with more time in
Spain. There are several options here. If any of you wanted to just meet in Barcelona, that would probably be cheaper than hitting both places. Although I am not sure of the flight costs to Barcelona RT? Council Travel
has a good sit that allows you to plug in dates and cities and instantly gives you a price quote (counciltravel.com).And if any of you were up for spending some time in East Africa, I'd love to have you join me! Besides
volunteering, there are plenty of other things to do, like a safari in the Masaii Mara game park, climb Mt. Kenya or ilimanjaro, chill on the beautiful beaches of the Indian Ocean, track gorillas in Uganda, etc. A RT flight between Indy and Nairobi is ~$1,200. The flight will be the expensive part of the tripbut oh so worth it!! I
plan on staying at cheap, but clean and safe, hostels in Europe and not too many 7-course meals! Once in Kenya I/we'll live with my Kenyan family in a rural village of
the Western Province called Kabula (if you look on a map, the closest town is Bungoma). Whew?hopefully that wasn't too much at once!? Well, please let me know if any of you might be interested in joining me for some fun adventures this summer!

Take it easy,

hank

P.S. For a more complete posting, go the the following link: http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum4/HTML/000869.html

Members don't see this ad.