Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonimass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed admission to medical school and financial and academic support.

For anyone that is/was/would like to discuss the program...

If a student in the program is dismissed or resigns from the program, what exactly would have to be paid back? From my understanding, scholarships and stipends would have to be returned. Would the costs of housing during summer "internships," social activities, and MCAT materials also have to be paid back by the student?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just love that acronym. JAMP. It sounds like a k-pop boy band or something.

I feel like you're talking about the ucsf/berkeley JMP

Members don't see this ad :)
The money invested on you has to be paid back no matter what (food/housing/internships/travel/...). It sums up to $10k+ from what I understand, but, why are you trying to take the money and run?

My friend was in this program, so I know a bit about it.

I believe all the money that has been invested in you has to be returned. This includes anything and everything they have paid for you, regardless of when it occurred.

The money invested on you has to be paid back no matter what (food/housing/internships/travel/...). It sums up to $10k+ from what I understand, but, why are you trying to take the money and run?
Seems like the total cost would add up to more than $10K, considering that the some of the students stay in decent hotels for months.

Seems like the total cost would add up to more than $10K, considering that the some of the students stay in decent hotels for months.
That's what I said. Still, you haven't answered the question :cool:

Wouldn't happen. JAMP was created under the 77th Texas Legislature, thus the state government would probably take action in getting taxpayer money back.

I was suggesting that total cost would be significantly over $10K per student.