joint pain and neck pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmasurf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear many dentist complain of joint pain in the fingers and neck, how do you deal with it?

Members don't see this ad.

U can use loupes to correct your sitting position so u dont injure your back and neck...

start a joint support too.

joints like many health issues, is more about preventive care than anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also start going to the gym and get in shape. Work out and strengthen those back muscles.

Reactions: 1 user
I hear many dentist complain of joint pain in the fingers and neck, how do you deal with it?

The joint pain risk is very real, so it is key to be preventive than curative. The key thing I find is to not overwork yourself, especially as an associate. Some associate positions, especially corporate offices, work the dentist 12 hours a day, 5 days a week, all the while running around in multiple chairs with limited assts (further adding to the stress and physical load). The human body (and mind) is simply jot designed to withstand prolonged, uninterrupted periods of dental providing, and that's when wrist, shoulder, and back problems emerge. As an owner, you have much more flexibility in designing your own schedule and system.

Workouts help too as well, but you got to be careful not to overextend yourself as well. If your joints are already stressed, adding more weight resistance especially free weights can make them worse.

So know your limits, don't work too much (remember your career should span decades), keep physically fit, and if needed go in for an occasional massage/spa relaxation.

Invest in physiotherapy. You will get a proper assessment and target specific workout to support your joints

Proper ergo with loupes & indirect vision. Become a healthy BMI and start a reasonable wellness/exercise regime. Learn proper body mechanics and practice those. Stay hydrated for join/disc health. Avoid inflammatory foods like added sugars. If all else fails have a good disability policy in place.