JP Hazelton! PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WHERE DID YOU MATCH????

I've been waiting all danggum night to find out dude!

:luck: :smuggrin: :love: :laugh: :luck: :luck:

__

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
He matched yesterday so my guess is he partied really hard...probably won't bother with SDN until tomorrow. :)

*cough*stalker*cough* sorry, must have caught a cold at the hospital

I ain't no stalker! :smuggrin:

*Sunny checks GPS monitor she put in the shoes of certain SDN members*

In case anyone forgets, this is the order in which all acceptance/match news is to be distibuted.

1. Mother or Wife
2. Grandmother
3. SDN
4. All others!

*Pops a Guiness for all who matched yesterday!*

LOL! Yea, I would love to know too!:luck: :luck: :love:

*Sunny checks GPS monitor she put in the shoes of certain SDN members*

That explains the strange beeping I keep hearing..... :laugh:

mban506l.jpg

Thanks for all of your interest!

I matched at my #1 choice (and only place I ranked): PCOM General Surgery

It was quite a relief to match being that GS, especially at PCOM, was uber competitive this year...must be Dr. 90210 and Nip Tuck. ;)

Thanks for all the support and well wishes. Looks like 7 long years at SDN have paid off.

I hope to be an active member of SDN for many more years.

:thumbup:

It was quite a relief to match being that GS, especially at PCOM, was uber competitive this year...must be Dr. 90210 and Nip Tuck. ;)

Thanks for all the support and well wishes. Looks like 7 long years at SDN have paid off.

AWESOME! Very happy for you...

And, it would be great to have a resource like yourself around, so please do stick around!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats JP. :D

Congrats on your 1st choice!

you ranked one place? Holy Canolli...good job JP:thumbup:

Congrats - you will definately get excellent training and can still occasionally haunt the OMM Lab during grand rounds :)

PCOM Gen Surgery rotates through these hospitals:
  • Crozer Chester Medical Center
  • Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
  • Deborah Heart and Lung Center
  • Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center
  • Frankford Hospitals
  • Geisinger Medical Center

Definately impressive and congrats.

One more month to go for me :)

Much congrats again!!!

-Group_theory

Thanks everyone.

Now...continue with your praise of me. :laugh:

Congratulations also. That is a really great accomplishment!!

congrats!

I hope everything will be this smooth when my turn arrives. :D

Congrats! you definitely deserve it.
Pls , stick around to advise the rest of us.

how many yrs does Gen. surgery take?

congrats JP!! what kind of surgery would you ultimately like to get into?

Thanks everyone.

Now...continue with your praise of me. :laugh:
you're a friggen celebrity around here....though I guess after 7 years on SDN (and that little thing called completing med school and matching into your specialty of choice) you've earned it

I have my own groupies!

:laugh:

General surgery is 5 years in length. I am undecided as what I would like to do after my residency, but it will involved teaching at some point. Later in my career I woulnt mind heading up a residency program or having a position at a DO school as head of surgery.

At this point I have considered everything from Plastics to Transplant. I think the only subspecialty I have ruled out is vascular.

way to go JPH, I remember when you burst on the scene with a flurry of posts about how your practice MCAT stunk and that you really wanted to go to UCONN med school. Sounds like it all worked out for you.

way to go JPH, I remember when you burst on the scene with a flurry of posts about how your practice MCAT stunk and that you really wanted to go to UCONN med school. Sounds like it all worked out for you.

Yeah...I think I was a sophomore in college...or maybe even a freshman!

:eek:

If I only knew then what I know now. :laugh:

Grats Amigo :)

conragts!!!!
you are my inspiration now:love:

amazing JP!! You have got to have some guts to rank only 1 program. Thats called straight pimp'n the match! I can only hope to have similar success 4 years from now.

amazing JP!! You have got to have some guts to rank only 1 program. Thats called straight pimp'n the match! I can only hope to have similar success 4 years from now.
JP, did you only rank 1 DO program, b/c you were going to try the allo match if you didn't match your #1 choice, or were you that sure you were gonna get it? Congrats, man. I'm sure the Gen Surg program at PCOM is top notch.

i'm sure JP got a verbal guarantee from the director or something like that.

Only ranked one program because my back up plan was an internship that is never close to filling.

YaY!!! I am so happy for you!!! PCOM will be my #1 choice for residency also!!!! Happy,happy,:thumbup: :) :) :) :love: joy,joy!!!!

wow, you know that already?!

Yep. I want to go either to trauma or transpalnt surgery...many top DO surgeons are from PCOM. I want to have my away rotations there...maybe to have an honor to meet JPHazelton in person :) hehe

Yep. I want to go either to trauma or transpalnt surgery...many top DO surgeons are from PCOM. I want to have my away rotations there...maybe to have an honor to meet JPHazelton in person :) hehe

A lot of PCOM GS grads go into Plastics, Vascular and Trauma. Those seem to be the biggies. Colorectal and Critical Care Surgery for a few as well.

Honor to meet me? Yeah...I guess it would be. ;) :laugh: